World Cup 2016

MODO Hockey

true. Almost any time you hear "stream to your device" from a big media company, it means you're going to need a cable account. It's a bit maddening for stuff that's on broadcast TV though; that should be free! :)

Over the air is still free. Anything else will cost you.

In 4 years when the U.S. dominates tell me how no one cares about this tourney.

I wouldn't care nearly as much as if the US won a gold or the Sabres won a cup. I watched all of 20 mins of this entire tourney. Could care less. Didn't even watch either US or Team NA when they were still alive. I might enjoy it more if it weren't played right before the NHL season started.

Edited by Claude Balls

I wouldn't care nearly as much as if the US won a gold or the Sabres won a cup. I watched all of 20 mins of this entire tourney. Could care less. Didn't even watch either US or Team NA when they were still alive.

When you assemble the best players of any sport the fans of that sport will jump on board. Just because its not the olympics doesn't mean its meaningless. But I get it. When your countries team sucks in a particular tourney its hard to get into it. It won't take long before the States is the team to beat and they go on a dominant run and I'll put money on it that your fellow Americans will all of a sudden feel that this tourney means something. I doubt very much that if they win U.S. fans would say well that was meaningless.

When you assemble the best players of any sport the fans of that sport will jump on board. Just because its not the olympics doesn't mean its meaningless. But I get it. When your countries team sucks in a particular tourney its hard to get into it. It won't take long before the States is the team to beat and they go on a dominant run and I'll put money on it that your fellow Americans will all of a sudden feel that this tourney means something. I doubt very much that if they win U.S. fans would say well that was meaningless.

I get your point. I just don't like the timing of the tourney, and I definitely don't like losing to Canada over and over. I'm still living in 1980.

I promise you I know at least one who will...

Lots of truth in here, I think. I know American hockey fans cared in 1996.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.