Ryan O'Reilly lower-body injury; could be out "several weeks"

Hoss

I'm someone who would have been just as pleased with a great end of season push for this team as I would be for a high draft pick this year. Now the latter seems more likely, and the stacked draft this year makes me feel a little bit better about it. Call me pro tank if you want, but this team is showing serious improvement this year even with a roster with a ton of new and young players, some key injuries, and a few disappointing players. We are definitely better than we were last year, with a few weak spots on the team. Matthews, one of the Finns, or Chychrun would ease the pain of ROR being out, fill a gap that needs filled, and make next year even more exciting somehow.

Edited by clintwestwood

I don't think Kane can give any more effort. He always gives his all. 

But he has the hockey sense of an amoeba. 

GO SABRES!!!

Word up.

I don't see him as part o the winning equation once "the team" is settled.

Now saying ROR gone for 3-4 weeks.

Sit him for the season.

We'll drop straight down the rankings nicely.

Word up.

I don't see him as part o the winning equation once "the team" is settled.

What about Kane makes you think he won't be here? His hockey I.Q. is definitely one of the lowest on the team, but he's a grinder, great on the forecheck, has had a decent goal scoring year even with missing time, and his tenacity creates plays that other guys can benefit from. That Reinhart goal against the Jackets was all Kane. He needs some hard coaching so he stops with shots from everywhere, and quits those idiotic no look backhand passes, but the benefits greatly outweigh the negatives with his game. Nothing he's doing negatively can't be changed. 

I'm now curious if Larsson gets 2014 repeat with increased playing time (as he did after the Zemgus foot). That could really drive up his trade value and tell us what Murray really thinks of his future as on of the inherited guys and not one of his own acquisitions. I personally like Larsson as a 3/4 center. But maybe giving him top minutes including PK and PP time gets Murray another high pick or someone he covets.

Man. Waking up anew to this realization.

Very, very different scenarios and players, but it occurred to me that losing O'Reilly on this team this season is not unlike trading two NHL players for, among others, one guy out long term last season. Without ROR, this squad will struggle to stay out of the bottom 3.

Maybe they'll surprise me, which would be fun. But I am not getting my hopes up.

I feel the same way. I was greatly enjoying the progress we were showing lately and how we seemed to be turning a bit of a corner, and was looking forward to the home stretch this season to see more. This injury really throws us a curve ball. And not a hanging one.

I'm now curious if Larsson gets 2014 repeat with increased playing time (as he did after the Zemgus foot). That could really drive up his trade value and tell us what Murray really thinks of his future as on of the inherited guys and not one of his own acquisitions. I personally like Larsson as a 3/4 center. But maybe giving him top minutes including PK and PP time gets Murray another high pick or someone he covets.

Truly doubt it. He is the IDEAL Bylsma 3C. But he can't fit any other role on a Bylsma team.

IF TM plans to keep DB, he'd better not trade him away. There isn't anyone else that fills that 3C role as well.

I would like to thank Ryan O'Reilly for seemingly single-handedly providing us with watchable hockey this season. We are one uuuuggggllllyyyyy team without him on the ice.

Does this concern you? Does this fact bode well for this idea that the Sabres will be contenders soon enough?

Does this concern you? Does this fact bode well for this idea that the Sabres will be contenders soon enough?

I got one have been encouraged by their play. I'm assuming that Jack and Sam take a big leap next year and the defense is upgraded. Everything else stays the same and they are payoff contenders and their goal output would be smack in the middle if the league with no other changes. And I see them making other changes.

You ask all the time, is this what we expected. I'll admit to being a little disappointed but I will put this in writing. Solid playoff contenders next year, Cup contenders by Jack's fourth year

I got one have been encouraged by their play. I'm assuming that Jack and Sam take a big leap next year and the defense is upgraded. Everything else stays the same and they are payoff contenders and their goal output would be smack in the middle if the league with no other changes. And I see them making other changes.

You ask all the time, is this what we expected. I'll admit to being a little disappointed but I will put this in writing. Solid playoff contenders next year, Cup contenders by Jack's fourth year

Bylsma's inabiity to get any goals out of this group discourages me. 29th in the league. He needs help coaching the offensive side.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.