Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

I can only hope the Bills don't suck long enough to make me as bitter, pessimistic downtrodden, and defeated as the rest of you. You people:Bills as Qwk:GoT.

Are you new to watching football? The Bills have sucked since before I could drive a car. In 2 years I'm going to take the Bills playoffs drought out on a date.

I can only hope the Bills don't suck long enough to make me as bitter, pessimistic downtrodden, and defeated as the rest of you. You people:Bills as Qwk:GoT.

I honestly don't know how you have optimism about this team. I know you're like the same age as me. They've been bad basically our whole lives.

The defense will rebound. TT in a contract year and year 2 will flourish. Sammy won't even miss the first game. Shaq may miss the first 2-3 games, but we still have Ragland, and year 2 Darby. We will be fine

Okay, so maybe a little more than 2-3 games

@AdamSchefter

Shaq Lawson was making swim move on tackling dummy in non-contact drill when he aggravated shoulder injury that will sideline him 5-6 months

Okay, so maybe a little more than 2-3 games

@AdamSchefter

Shaq Lawson was making swim move on tackling dummy in non-contact drill when he aggravated shoulder injury that will sideline him 5-6 months

Yeah. He's going to be on that PUP list that permits him to come back once the season if half over.

Are you new to watching football? The Bills have sucked since before I could drive a car. In 2 years I'm going to take the Bills playoffs drought out on a date.

No, no I'm not. I'll just never understand the sky is falling no matter what attitude. I'm pretty sure we could draft the next Andrew Luck, hire the next Bill Polian as GM and next Belichick as coach, and a bunch of people would walk around saying it doesn't matter because he'll just blow out an ACL in minicamp, the GM will die in a plane crash, and the coach will be indicted on felony kidnapping.

I honestly don't know how you have optimism about this team. I know you're like the same age as me. They've been bad basically our whole lives.

Yup. Doesn't mean they'll continue to be bad, and I'm not going to hold 15 years ago against a different coach, GM, and owner. Maybe they'll suck, but they won't suck because they sucked a decade ago.

Except that (i) Team Stormcloud (Bills Edition) has objectively valid reasons for pessimism while Qwk does not and (ii) recent posts by Qwk have demonstrated a warped view of reality not present in TSBE's trenchant analyses of the Bills.

Now there is a nasty case of genital warts ready to happen.

No, no I'm not. I'll just never understand the sky is falling no matter what attitude. I'm pretty sure we could draft the next Andrew Luck, hire the next Bill Polian as GM and next Belichick as coach, and a bunch of people would walk around saying it doesn't matter because he'll just blow out an ACL in minicamp, the GM will die in a plane crash, and the coach will be indicted on felony kidnapping.

Yup. Doesn't mean they'll continue to be bad, and I'm not going to hold 15 years ago against a different coach, GM, and owner. Maybe they'll suck, but they won't suck because they sucked a decade ago.

Speaking only for myself, my pessimism about the Bills is not due to fear of misfortune, but a strong suspicion that there are incompetents running the organization.

As for the 2nd bolded part:  the team president has been here since 1997; the GM since 2010.  They have collectively been part and parcel of Micky Mouse suckitude for most of the lost generation.

This is true. But where you may or may not have hope that they can be good. I just don't think they are. It's really as simple as that. I don't think they are any good.

Except that (i) Team Stormcloud (Bills Edition) has objectively valid reasons for pessimism while Qwk does not and (ii) recent posts by Qwk have demonstrated a warped view of reality not present in TSBE's trenchant analyses of the Bills.

Now there is a nasty case of genital warts ready to happen.

Speaking only for myself, my pessimism about the Bills is not due to fear of misfortune, but a strong suspicion that there are incompetents running the organization.

As for the 2nd bolded part: the team president has been here since 1997; the GM since 2010. They have collectively been part and parcel of Micky Mouse suckitude for most of the lost generation.

Warped view of reality, huh?

Like Kelly, Polian, and Marv?  Nah.  We know how that worked out.  That's what we're all waiting for.

It's a function of the PUP, too, yes?

Yes. Which is why their decision on how to designate him is important. If he is PUP after the preseason, he must miss a mandatory six games. There's a good chance they will carry him on the active roster depending on how the IR is shaking out at that point. 

GO BILLS!!!

Yes. Which is why their decision on how to designate him is important. If he is PUP after the preseason, he must miss a mandatory six games. There's a good chance they will carry him on the active roster depending on how the IR is shaking out at that point. 

GO BILLS!!!

I thought they got rid of that stupid rule.

Ah, yes - right. The preseason - v - regular season PUP. 

So, the hope is that Lawson goes on the preseason version?

I thought they got rid of that stupid rule.

Or maybe not?

Can you carry a preseason PUP on your active roster even if the player's not been medically cleared?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.