Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

I get plenty down on Rex for a whole bunch of reasons, but will admit that stuff like this matters (and could prove to be a major difference-maker if they can somehow transform Cardale into an NFL quarterback):

QL9eLouX_bigger.jpgMike RodakVerified account

@mikerodak

Cardale Jones says Rex Ryan "might be my long lost dad. I've been looking for him 23 years and I found him."

Edited by That Aud Smell

First Drake, now this ...

The Chargers have agreed to terms with free agent OL Matt Slauson, source says. es.pn/1UI1zjN

Was it One Bills Drive yesterday for a FA Visit

If you are going to wait with bated breath for every UFA to come to Buffalo, you'll love a long disappointed life.

If you are going to wait with bated breath for every UFA to come to Buffalo, you'll love a long disappointed life.

I'm 43

Watched Brad Park break Sabres Fans Hearts in Game 7

Was at the Aud for May's OT Winner and was also there when the Habs swept them out of the playoffs in the next series.

Watched wide right, Thurman's Search for his helmet and was in attendance for SuperBowl 27th.'

Watched the Bills take a halftime lead in Atlanta only to watch The Cowboys come back.

No Goal goes without saying.

And 16 years of no playoff appearances for the Bills

I stopped waiting for anything Buffalo Sports related with baited breath, with the exception of Eichel, a long time ago. ;)

Edited by BRAWNDO

Honestly, I was unaware that any numbers got retired in the NFL. The rosters are so large, I figured the Rip Simonicks of the world just managed the numbers that should no longer be worn.

I still seem to recall some UDFA shmoe wearing #83 in August, years ago.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Is Kelly the only other retired number?

Yes.

I would retire Kalsu's 61 and that's about it.  I would not retire 34, but I think the Bills are going to.

Honestly, I was unaware that any numbers got retired in the NFL. The rosters are so large, I figured the Rip Simonicks of the world just managed the numbers that should no longer be worn.

And Lee Evans, too.

If I remember right, when Joe Montana went to KC he had to go from 16 to 19 because 16 was retired. (Googling...) Len Dawson (HOF QB) apparently offered the number to Montana but he turned him down. Montana hadn't worn #19 since youth FB.

Good God - I had forgotten all about that.

I saw on the BN home page that Thurman's #34 is slated for (eventual) retirement as well.

Lee/the Bills asked Reed's permission before giving it.  No one has worn Thurman's number since he retired.  They just don't give it out.  Same with OJ if I'm not mistaken, but they won't retire OJ's number.

Lee/the Bills asked Reed's permission before giving it.  No one has worn Thurman's number since he retired.  They just don't give it out.  Same with OJ if I'm not mistaken, but they won't retire OJ's number.

and i believe someone asked for thurman's recently (and was denied). aaron williams?

to clarify: someone asked for #34 without having a sense of who'd worn it in the past. a little like eichel asking for #11.

and i believe someone asked for thurman's recently (and was denied). aaron williams?

to clarify: someone asked for #34 without having a sense of who'd worn it in the past. a little like eichel asking for #11.

Like when Lindstrom came over to Detroit for his rookie year. They asked him what number he'd like. He said, "well, I've always worn 9, I'd sure love to wear that if it's available."

and i believe someone asked for thurman's recently (and was denied). aaron williams?to clarify: someone asked for #34 without having a sense of who'd worn it in the past. a little like eichel asking for #11.

what an idiot, know the history of the team atleast.

Did Eichel actually do that? I thought you just made up an example that Sabres fans would immediately understand

i think it was facicious, i was commenting on the player who wanted #34 not Eichel. This is a Bills thread

I don't think its too much to ask a rookie entering the league to atleast brush up on the history of the team. It's the same as researching a company you are interviewing for i would think?

Did Eichel actually do that? I thought you just made up an example that Sabres fans would immediately understand

When the Sabres brass was interviewed after their meet and greet with Eichel at the combine (remember when Eichel said, yeah, the Sabres DID win the lottery?), someone (Black?) mentioned it as a ha-ha-har moment (but one that actually happened).

When the Sabres brass was interviewed after their meet and greet with Eichel at the combine (remember when Eichel said, yeah, the Sabres DID win the lottery?), someone (Black?) mentioned it as a ha-ha-har moment (but one that actually happened).

That's pretty funny. I definitely could only name a couple retired numbers for teams around the league, and I spend my time basically studying the NHL, where Jack spent all of his practicing/playing.

what an idiot, know the history of the team atleast.

Why? If there was a player before your time and his number hasn't been retired, why can't you ask for it? Why should you be responsible for knowing what numbers shouldn't be asked for? I could mention countless greats from the 90's to high school/college students and a good portion wouldn't know who I was talking about. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.