Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Well, I think he "only" made a few hundred million when a little luck intervened and vast reserves of natural gas were found on land his company owned, accessible via fracking. Just another example of how expertise in one area does not inherently lend itself to expertise in an unrelated field.

Having witnessed it personally on a few different occasions, one does not need to be intellectually superior to end up financially affluent.

In each instance I've witnessed, it's been right place right time. I have seen guys bust their tails and achieve moderate success but more often it's who you know and positioning oneself to be in the right place at the right time.

Well, I think he "only" made a few hundred million when a little luck intervened and vast reserves of natural gas were found on land his company owned, accessible via fracking. Just another example of how expertise in one area does not inherently lend itself to expertise in an unrelated field.

But he thinks that expertise transfers. Just today he explained his flat management structure harkens back to his days at East Resources.

Who's left out there for OC now that McCoy went to the Broncs ? Besides Norv who probably wouldn't come here anyways ...

Well there are 116 D1 colleges that run offenses not to mention the thousands of coaches that have coached in the NFL that currently aren't. It's not like their are only 4 guys on the planet could do the job. As long as Nate Hackett follows Marrone, It'll be fine. Edited by inkman

On WGR, Donald Jones asked Terry how he came up with the Bills' management structure. "We had some practice in the National Hockey League," Terry said.

That could certainly reinforce the idea that the Sabres were always prelude to the Bills. It also raises the question of what lesson Terry learned with the Sabres that led him to have the Bills coach and GM report to him — when that's not the structure in place with the Sabres. Curious.

Not the admitted structure, at least.  I still think Bylsma's answer about Murray being his 'boss' was a little too hesistant - and yeah, maybe Bylsma's got a low IQ, and speaking is tough for him and that's his usual interview manner - but it's still a concern.  

And another topic from Pegula's interview -  Brandon apparently loves to watch the Bills 'film' with the coaches - wonder if he has the same tendrils spreading now through the Sabres' organization?  

Dysfunction - thy name is Terry Pegula.  I doubt these teams will ever be truly successful on the field or on the ice with the Pegulas running them.   Whaley led the search for the HC - but gave Pegula 4 candidates, and then punted the decision to them (or had it stripped from him?)    And they've got such a great track record of HC selections - who would be better to make the call then people with so little experience or knowledge? 

Well there are 116 D1 colleges that run offenses not to mention the thousands of coaches that have coached in the NFL that currently aren't. It's not like their are only 4 guys on the planet could do the job. As long as Nate Hackett follows Marrone, It'll be fine.

Wow, just what we need ... a D1 college coach wth no NFL OC experience. Thousands of coaches that have coached in the NFL that currently aren't ? 

I admit there are more than 4 that can do the job, but how many can do the job well ? 

Edited by gramps

Wow, just what we need ... a D1 college coach wth no NFL OC experience. Thousands of coaches that have coached in the NFL that currently aren't ?

I admit there are more than 4 that can do the job, but how many can do the job well ?

Some of the most veteran OC have no clue what they are doing. See Greg Roman. I'll worry about it when they throw 30 yard passes on 4th and 1.

Rumors that Brad Childress may leave KC to be the OC here. If that happens, Tyrod is gone...and should be. Trying to put Tyrod into a west coast system would be the quintessential square peg meets round hole.

Why would he make a lateral move from a successful team to the Buffalo Bills? Is his contract up after the year?

If Belichick is willing to trade Garoppolo in the division, you should run far away from such a trade.

Yep, The Bledsoe Lesson needs to be applied here

Why would he make a lateral move from a successful team to the Buffalo Bills? Is his contract up after the year?

He and another coach are Asst OCs, Reid has given him his blessing to move on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.