Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Also with respect to the secondary play, his concept is primarily a zone - cover 3, which is heavily corner dependent, and was very successful with the best zone corner in the league (Norman). His concept relied heavily on the ability of all three linebackers to drop quickly into deep zones (which may be where we struggle a bit) as his defense is helped significantly by having 3 LBs (or at least 2) with almost safety-like speed and dropping ability, which creates very small windows in the zones for QBs to try to thread. We have Zach Brown who can do that, but we don't have a Keuchly like LB to do everything - is this Ragland?

No way SD trades Rivers unless he pulls a Carson Palmer on them.

Also I don't think Rivers is in the cards, he was very against moving his family from SD to LA, can't imagine he would sign off on SD -> Buffalo.

I would think we would pursue a veteran like Romo, Brees, Cousins etc. if we don't stick with Tyrod. 

Also with respect to the secondary play, his concept is primarily a zone - cover 3, which is heavily corner dependent, and was very successful with the best zone corner in the league (Norman). His concept relied heavily on the ability of all three linebackers to drop quickly into deep zones (which may be where we struggle a bit) as his defense is helped significantly by having 3 LBs (or at least 2) with almost safety-like speed and dropping ability, which creates very small windows in the zones for QBs to try to thread. We have Zach Brown who can do that, but we don't have a Keuchly like LB to do everything - is this Ragland?

Also I don't think Rivers is in the cards, he was very against moving his family from SD to LA, can't imagine he would sign off on SD -> Buffalo.

I would think we would pursue a veteran like Romo, Brees, Cousins etc. if we don't stick with Tyrod.

With respect to the LBs, I'm not sure I like the idea of Preston Brown and Ragland next to each other in this defense. Really don't think either of them is that true all-around MLB.

With respect to the LBs, I'm not sure I like the idea of Preston Brown and Ragland next to each other in this defense. Really don't think either of them is that true all-around MLB.

I agree. Most of our personnel fit well with the 4-3, but the LB's are decidedly more in a 3-4 thumper mold. That would be the toughest transition. Then again we haven't even seen Ragland play yet, so we don't know what we have there.

I also think competent 4-3 LB's are one of the easier positions to fill, especially since you end up in nickel most of the time anyways.

That would be dubious

Why?

Trent Dilfer, who's opinion I value highly, went on espn radio and was really, really high on Deshaun Watson. Can see him being a 2nd round pick, but believes he rates him at a top 5 pick. Loves hit attitude, confidence, and says he's a throw first QB. Likens him to Winston

Edited by WildCard

Why?

Trent Dilfer, who's opinion I value highly, went on espn radio and was really, really high on Deshaun Watson. Can see him being a 2nd round pick, but believes he rates him at a top 5 pick. Loves hit attitude, confidence, and says he's a throw first QB. Likens him to Winston

Is he a throw first QB, or a first-read-only QB?

Is he a throw first QB, or a first-read-only QB?

Seems to be pretty decent at surveying the field

The film doesn't look great on him. His accuracy and decision making really don't look very good. Dilfer claims it's like making a stew; the meat is the talent, and everything else are the intangibles. If you make a stew with just meat, it's crap. But if you add everything else, it works. Claims Watson has that everything else, and can envision him winning a SB in the future.

I'm not sold on him. His film is not pretty

I really don't know much about football, but it seems that if the guy who destroyed Ohio State in the semi-final and then rolled over the Tide to win the National Championship is available at #10 then the Bills would be foolish not to take him.

The Bills already have a quarterback who beat Alabama en route to a national championship.  Be careful with evaluating a guy based upon a couple of games, no matter how meaningful those games.

Cleveland and possibly San Diego.

Can't see Cleveland passing up on Garret. Why SD? I'd be surprised if they spent a pick that high on Rivers eventual replacement

Absolutely. I luuuuuuurve Kizer.

I've watched his film, what is it about him that sticks out to you? Do you like him relative to the other talent in this draft or overall?

Can't see Cleveland passing up on Garret. Why SD? I'd be surprised if they spent a pick that high on Rivers eventual replacement

I've watched his film, what is it about him that sticks out to you? Do you like him relative to the other talent in this draft or overall?

I really like him in general, not just as the best of this year's crop. He's not gonna run like Tyrod, but he has great pocket mobility to extend plays (and keeps his eyes up while doing so), a big arm, good accuracy (though like most, it comes and goes if he's getting consistently pressured). Reminds me of Roethlisberger as a prospect.

The Bills already have a quarterback who beat Alabama en route to a national championship.  Be careful with evaluating a guy based upon a couple of games, no matter how meaningful those games.

So, there you go proving my point about me not knowing much about football.

:w00t:

I really like him in general, not just as the best of this year's crop. He's not gonna run like Tyrod, but he has great pocket mobility to extend plays (and keeps his eyes up while doing so), a big arm, good accuracy (though like most, it comes and goes if he's getting consistently pressured). Reminds me of Roethlisberger as a prospect.

Nice. Draft up for him, or just pray he slides to us? I say draft up

Also, why hasn't Dabo gotten any looks from NFL teams for coaching vacancies?

So, there you go proving my point about me not knowing much about football.

:w00t:

Think that qualifies you for a job in the Bills FO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.