Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Rappaport reporting Romo's preference is Denver, but Denver is not inclined to trade for him

I hope Romo's stock is depressed enough that he has to come here for a couple of years and it's a bargain, instead of us having to live with Tyrod or worse for those few years instead. 

I hope Romo's stock is depressed enough that he has to come here for a couple of years and it's a bargain, instead of us having to live with Tyrod or worse for those few years instead. 

I hope we're not so desperate as to sign a 36-year-old QB that's had two clavicle breaks and back surgery and pay him big bucks. 

I hope we're not so desperate as to sign a 36-year-old QB that's had two clavicle breaks and back surgery and pay him big bucks.

Worked okay for Denver to sign an old QB who had 4 neck surgeries. Romo isn't Peyton, but he's a top-10 QB in the league if healthy. Not that I expect he'd choose to come here if Dallas cuts him, but I think it's definitely worth the gamble.

Worked okay for Denver to sign an old QB who had 4 neck surgeries. Romo isn't Peyton, but he's a top-10 QB in the league if healthy. Not that I expect he'd choose to come here if Dallas cuts him, but I think it's definitely worth the gamble.

I think Denver having the #1 defense helped out a bit. Question is could Romo stay healthy and why would he come here when he could go to Houston, possibly Arizona, the Rams, or even the Chargers should Rivers get traded. 

Gotta have someone to throw the ball. That's all it comes down to. 

I've been in Romo's home market for his entire career.  Bottom line is... remember how Kelly, even though he wasn't the best skilled or technical QB, could pull a rabbit out of his hat to win the game?  Romo could never do that, especially in the big games.  There's no way he could lead a team that hasn't been in the playoffs for years to a strong winning record.  it's just not in him.  The bigger the game, the bigger the disappointment.

I've been in Romo's home market for his entire career.  Bottom line is... remember how Kelly, even though he wasn't the best skilled or technical QB, could pull a rabbit out of his hat to win the game?  Romo could never do that, especially in the big games.  There's no way he could lead a team that hasn't been in the playoffs for years to a strong winning record.  it's just not in him.  The bigger the game, the bigger the disappointment.

Bigger than having literally no one to play quarterback? 

I think Denver having the #1 defense helped out a bit. Question is could Romo stay healthy and why would he come here when he could go to Houston, possibly Arizona, the Rams, or even the Chargers should Rivers get traded.

Houston isn't dumping Brock just yet. The Rams have a new HC too, awful line, and Goff. Arizona could work though

I wasn't crediting Peyton with the Super Bowl, but rather the several division titles and Super Bowl appearance that preceded it. He had several great years left in him.

The answer isn't Romo. Period.

That's because you're not getting the question.

It's not about a long term solution. It's about picking the right placeholder who is just good enough to play QB on this team for a couple of years. It's Tyrod or ______, and Romo fills in the blank. It's not even up for debate.

That's because you're not getting the question.

It's not about a long term solution. It's about picking the right placeholder who is just good enough to play QB on this team for a couple of years. It's Tyrod or ______, and Romo fills in the blank. It's not even up for debate.

Fill in that blank with Romo, and the sentence ends up being "Tyrod or Romo"?  I'll take Taylor any day all day.

Fill in that blank with Romo, and the sentence ends up being "Tyrod or Romo"?  I'll take Taylor any day all day.

Maybe, but Taylor might not even be an option, right? So if we don't have Taylor, who do we have?

I'm in favor of keeping Taylor. But if he says "peace", you can't pretend you're too good for Romo. 

I'm not sure where it would reside, but there were posts on this board a while back that -- to my surprise -- pretty thoroughly debunked the narrative that Romo is a choker.

Houston isn't dumping Brock just yet. The Rams have a new HC too, awful line, and Goff. Arizona could work though

Romo would only be playing for a SB at this point and IMO, he doesn't stand a chance with any of the aforementioned teams. So maybe he just fades off into the sunset and Jerry hires him into the Cowboys front office.

Really? I'm not sure why that would be the case. Unless it's just a belief that Romo is broken.

1.  People underrate Taylor as much as they overrate Romo.  Taylor is not as bad as people think, and Romo is not as good as people think.  Put Romo on any team but the Cowboys, and you'd hear three times less about him than you do.

2.  And I think he's broken.

1.  People underrate Taylor as much as they overrate Romo.  Taylor is not as bad as people think, and Romo is not as good as people think.  Put Romo on any team but the Cowboys, and you'd hear three times less about him than you do.

2.  And I think he's broken.

I feel like we've seen Taylor throw enough majestic bombs, scamper for enough first downs, instinctively move toward enough oncoming pass rushers, and miss enough ordinary bread and butter throws to know, more or less, what and who he is as a QB. 

I haven't watched Romo play all that much, but - I can't be on board with the guy being overrated. His career numbers are nothing other than impressive. And while I haven't gotten on board with the whole call for Canton, I must admit that, by just about any useful objective measure (including all kinds of situational stuff that goes to being "clutch"), that guy's been a damn good QB in the league for a long time.

But I tend to agree with #2.

1. People underrate Taylor as much as they overrate Romo. Taylor is not as bad as people think, and Romo is not as good as people think. Put Romo on any team but the Cowboys, and you'd hear three times less about him than you do.

2. And I think he's broken.

I certainly agree Bills fans tend to underrate Taylor. However, you are criminally underrating Romo. If you just think he's broken that's one thing, but when healthy he's great.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.