Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Keep Tyrod, draft Kizer or trade for some QB. Start taking a shot every. Started last year with Cardale, now do it more seriously and more often

In the earliest days of the Pegulas' ownership (of the Bills? I think so - but maybe somehow prior to that?), I recall hearing Terry on the radio with someone - Kevin Sylvester, maybe - and he was talking about how he'd read a book or an article somewhere that posited that, in the NFL, a team should draft a QB every year (and maybe use a valuable pick in doing so?) until the team finds its QB.

Again, I feel like this could have occurred prior to the Pegulas buying the Bills.

In any case, it makes me wonder anew what Terry has planned. And it makes me despair all over again that Terry himself could potentially have such specific football plans for the Bills.

Throw everything available at a QB and linemen until you find a good one. Otherwise this will never end

This.

After Wolf took over as GM in Green Bay, he immediately traded for Favre. But of course, Favre was no sure thing his first few years in the league, but we had the veteran in Don Majkowski.

Here's the point. After trading for Favre in early 1992, here are the QBs Wolf drafted with Favre (and Majkowski for the first year) on the roster:

1992 - Ty Detmer; 1993 - Mark Brunell; 1994 - none; 1995 - Jay Barker (Alabama); 1996 - Kyle Wachholtz (USC); 1997 - Ron McAda (Army); 1998 - Matt Hasselbeck; 1999 - Aaron Brooks; 2001 and 2001 - none. It tailed off for another couple years with GM Sherman in charge, until GM Thompson took over and immediately began drafting QBs again in 2005 with Aaron Rodgers... now it's kind of every other year.

Sure, some of these guys never played. But never stop 'til you've got one you love, and never stop getting backups for the one you love.

Counterpoint, ‘Ebriate!

The Bills, in contrast, drafted Matt Rodgers in 1992 and Todd Collins in 1995. Clearly, they’d found their QB of forever because their next QB drafted per pro football reference (non-supplemental) is … holy moly… 2004 - JP Losman. 2007 - Trent Edwards; 2010 - Levi Brown; 2013 - EJ Manuel; 2016 - Cardale Jones.

Edited by DarthEbriate

Yep. The organization is a total shitshow from top to bottom. They need a Bill Parcells type to come in and be named Grand Pubah so he can fire absolutely everyone (Brandon, Whaley, etc.) and then hire absolutely all new people that he hand picks. Nobody who ranks hire than the midget trainer should be kept. That is the only way things don't continue to remain a tire fire.

"Little person trainer," if you don't mind.  We keep it correct here at SabreSpace.

As I explained, it could be done so it doesn't leave Taylor thinking he's done a bad job, or on the outs.   FFS,  Dallas benched Dak Prescott in the final, meaningless game.  Prescott didn't end up feeling his future with the team was in doubt.  And Taylor has some health concerns too that make benching him reasonable.        

It could have been done in a way that he didn't feel bad about his future with the team.  IF the team decided to part ways in future months with Taylor, that should be a separate issue.  

Mismanagement/mishandling of simple things seems to be a hallmark of this team. 

This doesn't answer my question of how.  With the injury clause, it would have been blatantly obvious why he was being benched, and since he was being benched so Buffalo wouldn't necessarily be on the hook then it goes to reason that Buffalo has no confidence.  Ergo, Tyrod, if he has any shred of logic, would see right through it.

Any particular reason why? Carolina routinely has a formidable defense (this year notwithstanding), and he runs a scheme that fits our personnel.

Just seems so underwhelming. Then again, Rex brought a thr hype and nothing else so maybe it works. I've also heard special teams coaches make much better HCs. Seems like every coordinator never works out as a HC

Just seems so underwhelming. Then again, Rex brought a thr hype and nothing else so maybe it works. I've also heard special teams coaches make much better HCs. Seems like every coordinator never works out as a HC

This is just a function of how most new head coaches are coordinators, but most new head coaches also fail, thereby making it seem that coordinators rarely work out. Meanwhile, I can't even think of a recent ST coach outside of John Harbaugh who made the jump to HC. Harbaugh has been successful, but that's one hire in forever.

This is just a function of how most new head coaches are coordinators, but most new head coaches also fail, thereby making it seem that coordinators rarely work out. Meanwhile, I can't even think of a recent ST coach outside of John Harbaugh who made the jump to HC. Harbaugh has been successful, but that's one hire in forever.

So does that mean our new HC is destined to fail??

People down Carolina way seem unhappy to lose this guy, so there's that.

And the idea that McCoy would come as OC is one that inspires some confidence.

Terry Pegula's meddlesome bumbling notwithstanding: Let's have at it! LET'S GET A JUMP ON WINNING THE OFFSEASON!

True mentioned something similar. Why is this?

Also, with McCoy as OC, does this mean Rivers?

Bill Polian: it's a 'home run'

Because we have the defensive line that is suited for a 4-3 personnel grouping, and McDermott tends to favor zone schemes over man-to-man, which is where our secondary really struggled last year with Rex's man heavy schemes. IIRC, the "4" in McDermott's scheme has one DE playing closer to a wide 9 technique, which would be Hughes (he was very successful in Schwartz wide-9) and the other plays a 7 tech which would be Lawson. Kyle and Dareus go back to playing penetrating 3-techs. Dareus was not as effective because our best player on the line was asked to play NT and take up blockers in Rex's D.

Edited by Touched by Boyes

True mentioned something similar. Why is this?

Also, with McCoy as OC, does this mean Rivers?

Bill Polian: it's a 'home run'

The way he gets his DTs penetrating up field is perfect for Dareus and Williams (assuming he comes back). Really lets his line get after it, whereas Rex was more about gap discipline first with penetration second. And he leaves his top corner on an island less than Rex; Gilmore getting safety help as often as Norman did would be pretty great. Edited by TrueBlueGED

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.