The Eichel Tower

BetweenThePipes00

When my son heard Dan Dunleavy's "Eichel Tower" call after the winning goal in Ottawa, he got all excited and said "We should build an Eichel Tower!" (He's 7.)

So we did. Out of pucks. And it has its own twitter account. Trying to have some fun with it and show him how social media works ... give it a follow if you want ... https://twitter.com/EichelTower615

(Sorry if anyone feels this is spam of some sort, not trying to get anything out of this other than some fun for him.)

When my son heard Dan Dunleavy's "Eichel Tower" call after the winning goal in Ottawa, he got all excited and said "We should build an Eichel Tower!" (He's 7.)

So we did. Out of pucks. And it has its own twitter account. Trying to have some fun with it and show him how social media works ... give it a follow if you want ... https://twitter.com/EichelTower615

(Sorry if anyone feels this is spam of some sort, not trying to get anything out of this other than some fun for him.)

Not only did I laugh outloud at the Eichel Tower call, but this is great.  :thumbsup:

This is excellent! Great way to teach your son about social media. And who knows, maybe it'll take off!

Like into space? And then down on ISIS to destroy them under the weight of God knows how much rubber?

That's cool BTP. I have someone who's about to follow you!

Awesome idea. Have fun w/ it. :thumbsup:

hah! I just followed you earlier today. This is really neat. Reminds me of the "Population of Pominville" thing from a bunch of years ago.

Is this going to be a career long tower? How much money are you investing in pucks?

Right now I am thinking we will have a new tower for each season ... but who knows.  At first we were just using pucks we had around but I got a box of practice pucks for like $1 each ... if we do decide to make it a career-long thing, it will add up ...

This will be next level when I can click on each puck to see a vine of that goal.

That would be sweet .... would also mean probably having a website and more time than I can invest at the moment haha

Thanks for all the support!

Nice shout out from Dunleavy today. Oh man your kid must be over the moon. If Rick had spoken to me when I was a kid...

Glad you noticed it too!!!

That was clearly a shout out!  pretty cool... BTP is my brother and he said they gained like 50 new followers today, HAHA!  He also said there is a thread about it on Reddit and some guy from Czech Republic tweeted about it, LOL!  it's nuts how it's getting around, but super cool!

Wasn't it Dunleavy's call that inspired BtP's tower with his kid?

It absolutely was his call that inspired it, and he has been great on Twitter about it. Never thought he would actually use "add a puck" in a goal call, though.

PA, my son is indeed loving it. When we were kids the best we could hope for was Ted Darling mentioning our town when a puck went over the glass ... "There's a souvenier for a young fan from Kenmore, New York!" For years I thought he literally knew where everyone was from!

My wife is in disbelief ... As of now more than 100 new followers since the goal today. Crazy. Thanks to everyone for the support!

It absolutely was his call that inspired it, and he has been great on Twitter about it. Never thought he would actually use "add a puck" in a goal call, though.

PA, my son is indeed loving it. When we were kids the best we could hope for was Ted Darling mentioning our town when a puck went over the glass ... "There's a souvenier for a young fan from Kenmore, New York!" For years I thought he literally knew where everyone was from!

My wife is in disbelief ... As of now more than 100 new followers since the goal today. Crazy. Thanks to everyone for the support!

Very cool.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.