The Eichel Tower

BetweenThePipes00

It absolutely was his call that inspired it, and he has been great on Twitter about it. Never thought he would actually use "add a puck" in a goal call, though.

PA, my son is indeed loving it. When we were kids the best we could hope for was Ted Darling mentioning our town when a puck went over the glass ... "There's a souvenier for a young fan from Kenmore, New York!" For years I thought he literally knew where everyone was from!

My wife is in disbelief ... As of now more than 100 new followers since the goal today. Crazy. Thanks to everyone for the support!

haha, my dad still talks about that, too, I can see that being a fun call for a kid.

When we were kids the best we could hope for was Ted Darling mentioning our town when a puck went over the glass ... "There's a souvenier for a young fan from Kenmore, New York!" For years I thought he literally knew where everyone was from!

100s, 1000s? of kids must have held that same belief. I remember being so amazed that he knew where everyone was from.

• 4 weeks later...

The Eichel Tower twitter account hit 1,000 followers today ... after the game Saturday Jeremy White from WGR was tweeting about it, and the Sabres official account finally followed as well and tweeted a picture of it, and ever since it is going nuts, almost 600 new followers in less than 48 hours. My son is having a blast seeing all these people see his idea.

100s, 1000s? of kids must have held that same belief. I remember being so amazed that he knew where everyone was from.

One of the April Fools gags Paul Wieland came up with was having Ted explain on the air how he did it: the Sabres installed a newfangled computer system that relayed the seat location and ticket holder's hometown to Ted in the press box.

I'm so happy the Eichel Tower has caught on. Just need someone to whisper to RJ to use it.

He's not gonna steal Dunleavy's line. I do hope Dan keeps it going (although I still like the idea of a different Eichel catchphrase for every goal). Maybe haul it out for big moments. "And the Eichel Tower just turned 100!"

The Eichel Tower twitter account hit 1,000 followers today ... after the game Saturday Jeremy White from WGR was tweeting about it, and the Sabres official account finally followed as well and tweeted a picture of it, and ever since it is going nuts, almost 600 new followers in less than 48 hours. My son is having a blast seeing all these people see his idea.

Oh my lord I cannot express enough how awesome this for you guys.  I mean... wow.. ... I tried to type for awhile and stopped... just... awesome.

He's not gonna steal Dunleavy's line. I do hope Dan keeps it going (although I still like the idea of a different Eichel catchphrase for every goal). Maybe haul it out for big moments. "And the Eichel Tower just turned 100!"

My worry with unique calls is...they'll run out. I do like the big moments idea though.

Well done, Pipes. Well done.

One of the April Fools gags Paul Wieland came up with was having Ted explain on the air how he did it: the Sabres installed a newfangled computer system that relayed the seat location and ticket holder's hometown to Ted in the press box.

Good stuff.

Any thoughts of writing an Android widget so my phone can have a live-ish picture of the tower on my home screen? :)

Any thoughts of writing an Android widget so my phone can have a live-ish picture of the tower on my home screen? :)

You greatly over-estimate my tech savvy ...

As it is, half the time I am watching behind on the DVR because of the boy's hockey or baseball commitments ... with so many more eyes on it I am going to need to get a little more organized here haha

You greatly over-estimate my tech savvy ...

As it is, half the time I am watching behind on the DVR because of the boy's hockey or baseball commitments ... with so many more eyes on it I am going to need to get a little more organized here haha

You have no idea what is about to come down on you. Dr. Karamanoukian will soon be inquiring as to sponsorship opportunities. Legs feeling heavy, weighted down, stacked?

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.