2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

Which is what they werd trying to do before Nashville grabbed him.

Not much to see here except the Amerks getting some much needed reinforcements.

I thought GMTM said when they waived him they had no intention of sending him down.

Sabres confirmed he will be sent to Rochester

Which makes this interesting.

Not the way I recall it.

For what it's worth, Vogl is reporting it We've's(sic) way, Kris Baker reporting it your way. I believe Vogl is right. They were trying to sneak him through waivers so they had the flexibility to send him down if they wanted but didn't plan on sending him down immediately. Like now, clearing waivers gives them a 30 day window.

GMTM talked recently about the art of clearing waivers.

So does this mean they are still in the market for a fourth line centre?

And was this a bit of old boy move, where GMTM effectively "loaned" Grant to Nashville to get them through a roster pinch, with the payoff being the waiver flexibility Murray craved?

Edited by dudacek

So does this mean they are still in the market for a fourth line centre?

And was this a bit of old boy move, where GMTM effectively "loaned" Grant to Nashville to get them through a roster pinch, with the payoff being the waiver flexibility Murray craved?

Actually, Murray said Poole called him to tell him he was thinking of picking Grant and Murray let him know he wouldn't be happy.

http://www.sabresprospects.com/2017/01/digging-into-impact-of-sam-reinhart.html

Good article on Sam. I've been meaning to find heatmaps for fun.

I love Sam Reinhart.  Completely disagree with Bucky that the team will be contender status when Sam is in the bottom 6.  The forwards have so much potential.  The D and coaching is holding this team back.

http://www.sabresprospects.com/2017/01/digging-into-impact-of-sam-reinhart.html

Good article on Sam. I've been meaning to find heatmaps for fun.

I thought Kris Baker hated stats? He used xG!?!? I approve, just surprised is all.

Also, is this an appropriate time to snark Paul Hamilton for bloviating about Reinhart's work ethic because he doesn't work with O'Reilly after practice anymore?

Good lord, please remove Des from my team .

:angel:

I thought Kris Baker hated stats? He used xG!?!? I approve, just surprised is all.

Also, is this an appropriate time to snark Paul Hamilton for bloviating about Reinhart's work ethic because he doesn't work with O'Reilly after practice anymore?

:angel:

I saw that - was his absence from an optional thing the only piece of evidence Hamilton used?

And O'Reilly should be resting, not conducting extra practices right now. Dude's fried.

Cool charts Randall. :thumbsup:

The takeaways I have is the following:

- Gorges really kills the effectiveness of Risto, and his best partner is clearly McCabe. Tough minutes and top pairing matchups are why he is in the lower quartile.

- Deslauriers is our worst forward by a country mile. Doesn't do anything in terms of offense and gets us hemmed in our zone often. Get off the team.

- As much as we hate it, Jack & Sam together make for really effective offensive hockey and can tilt the ice in our favor.

- Huge boost in effectiveness for the Kane & Gionta pairing, where without each other they are much lower in shot generation while still giving up a lot of shots.

- Statistically Carrier is performing very well, albeit in a small sample size.

Based on the chart only, the optimized pairs for Offense and Defense are:

Risto-McCabe

Falk-Fedun

Bogo-Kulikov/Franson

Gorges riding the bench

Jack-Sam (w Girgensens - Better shot suppression or Foligno - more shots for)

ROR-Okposo (Moulson)

Kane-Gionta (leftover from above)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.