Sabres Wearing White Jerseys at Home for 5 Gms

Brawndo

I still think the NHL should host color nights where every game in the league features two teams wearing their dark uniforms... It might be tough to pull off given that there might not be enough to mix and match, but if they could at least get a handful of games in it'd be cool.

Home whites.  Always.  No brainer.

I prefer home whites, too.  

But it wasn't "always that way," as some people think.  You know that iconic film of Bobby Orr's Cup-winning goal against the Blues?  That happened in Boston.  And he definitely is wearing black.

Didn't home team have the option of choosing color then?  I could go along with that in lieu of mandating home whites.

Racism has no bounds around here...

I actually hate home coloreds and love the whites.

Well played.

I love home coloreds, but I actually do prefer our whites (sorry, Evander) 

When the Sabres wear blue, every game looks the same

Because our shade of blue is terrible

You're a heathen.

Other than growing up with them, I genuinely don't understand the preference with home whites, in any sport other than baseball where the alternative is grey 

I don't know.  Wasn't alive.

:lol:

I think each team should wear whatever it wants.. but if the visiting team steps on the ice at game time wearing the same color uniform they have to slip on the bright orange pinnies.

Other than that I have no opinion.  The team plays an even number of away games where you get to see the other teams colors, it just happens to be on the road.  If you swap it there are still 41 games where you see the other teams colors.. they just happen to be at home.

I still think the NHL should host color nights where every game in the league features two teams wearing their dark uniforms... It might be tough to pull off given that there might not be enough to mix and match, but if they could at least get a handful of games in it'd be cool.

Color v. Color should happen more in sports in general, especially now that we're (slowly) climbing out of the 2000's "Everybody wears black or the darkest version of their color possible" stint. When I play NHL video games and I play a team like the Flames or the Preds I love doing color on color with the Sabres old royal blue vs. the Flames in bright red or the Preds in yellow-gold. It looks awesome.

Color v. Color should happen more in sports in general, especially now that we're (slowly) climbing out of the 2000's "Everybody wears black or the darkest version of their color possible" stint. When I play NHL video games and I play a team like the Flames or the Preds I love doing color on color with the Sabres old royal blue vs. the Flames in bright red or the Preds in yellow-gold. It looks awesome.

Agreed. I love color. Fans and players say stuff about "bleeding ___ and ___" in respect to their team's colors. The whites have those colors, yes, but they're not as important and feel like an afterthought. And the "slide the value bar as close to black as possible" trend could end any time and I'd be happy. Gimme some color, baby. 

I'll go crawl back into my rainbow den of gaudy vibrance. 

Euro leagues do this every game, it's not hard at all.

Hell, if the Flyers were allowed to wear their black jerseys on the road against the Sabres, back in the day, I fail to see the problem.

Watching those games on pre-HD TV was awful - Flyers wearing all black, Sabres in the white goathead and black pants.

Edited by Kristian

I am on the color bandwagon, never understood the affinity to the home white idea... too bland whitebread, dull, washed out. Does remind me of Buffalo during the winter...

The point of wearing white at home is so you get to see the other team's colors in your home arena more often. The opposite of bland. What we've got right now is bland.

The point of wearing white at home is so you get to see the other team's colors in your home arena more often. The opposite of bland. What we've got right now is bland.

Hmmm but not the argumement made before... something to think about. Still others straight out like home whites... what gives

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.