Sabres Wearing White Jerseys at Home for 5 Gms

Brawndo

I hate home whites

Same.  Why shouldn't the home team have the option to wear more of their own colors rather than less?  Makes no sense to me.

Agreed. I love color. Fans and players say stuff about "bleeding ___ and ___" in respect to their team's colors. The whites have those colors, yes, but they're not as important and feel like an afterthought. And the "slide the value bar as close to black as possible" trend could end any time and I'd be happy. Gimme some color, baby. 

I'll go crawl back into my rainbow den of gaudy vibrance. 

THIS, 100%.

I am on the color bandwagon, never understood the affinity to the home white idea... too bland whitebread, dull, washed out. Does remind me of Buffalo during the winter...

And this.  Glad I'm not the only one.

I am on the color bandwagon, never understood the affinity to the home white idea... too bland whitebread, dull, washed out. Does remind me of Buffalo during the winter...

In the Sabres case, 3 reasons.  1. Historical.  I grew up watching the white team at home.  2. I prefer the look of the Sabres white unis.  3.  I want to see ALL the colors of the league.  I want to see Calgary in their darks, Boston, Chicago, San Jose.  

I prefer home whites, too.

But it wasn't "always that way," as some people think. You know that iconic film of Bobby Orr's Cup-winning goal against the Blues? That happened in Boston. And he definitely is wearing black.

They swapped it for '70-'71, which is a big part of why Sabres fans tend to think it was "always" home whites & road darks because for the Sabres, it always was.

For the record I like home whites; it really doesn't make a lot of difference to me because I go to about 2 games a year, but for season ticket holders or those who go a lot I get why seeing other colors would be nice. I just want more color on color games when feasible. And also new white jerseys, but I still say that waits 4 more years.

The point of wearing white at home is so you get to see the other team's colors in your home arena more often. The opposite of bland. What we've got right now is bland.

Agreed. & the official explanation for the swap to home darks is 3rd jerseys& travel costs. Most teams that have 3rds have dark ones & they like to wear them at home. If a team on a road trip will be playing at least 1 team wearing white & at least 1 wearing dark, then they have to pack & pay for shipping on 2 sets of unis.

A couple of easy solutions to that issue - add white 4ths, so home fans get to see the "special" unis &/or have January or February be the month where teams wear their road darks at home & the rest of the year it's home whites.

Always liked seeing the Habs, Flames, & Kings come to the Aud as their unis definitely "popped" against the white ice & boards.

Didn't the switch to home darks come because road teams were having to pack two sets of jerseys for trips, in case an opponent was going to wear its dark third jerseys? Hope that makes sense. (I don't understand the burden of having to pack two sets of jerseys for a road trip.)

Didn't the switch to home darks come because road teams were having to pack two sets of jerseys for trips, in case an opponent was going to wear its dark third jerseys? Hope that makes sense. (I don't understand the burden of having to pack two sets of jerseys for a road trip.)

That was the explanation.

I recall something along those lines.  Seems kind of lame to deny the fans what they want because the team has to pack another bag IMO.

They believe they will sell more third sweaters if the team is wearing them at home.

Even though nearly all of the road games are on TV....  ;)   In the NBA and MLB, white (or light) jerseys are worn by the home team.  It's the NFL and NHL that confound the issue.  For the record, white jerseys at home , please.....

The point of wearing white at home is so you get to see the other team's colors in your home arena more often. The opposite of bland. What we've got right now is bland.

In the Sabres case, 3 reasons.  1. Historical.  I grew up watching the white team at home.  2. I prefer the look of the Sabres white unis.  3.  I want to see ALL the colors of the league.  I want to see Calgary in their darks, Boston, Chicago, San Jose.  

My memory is of white uni's at home and I like that and want that tradition back. It is cool to see teams like the Hawks, Wings Leafs, Bruins, Rangers come into town with colors rather than their whites while we wear some ridiculous armpit silver piping wrong blue version. I fully expect that Pegulas will fix this. I'd really rather not wait for the anniversary though. Just get it done.

Viva el Pegual.

My memory is of white uni's at home and I like that and want that tradition back. It is cool to see teams like the Hawks, Wings Leafs, Bruins, Rangers come into town with colors rather than their whites while we wear some ridiculous armpit silver piping wrong blue version. I fully expect that Pegulas will fix this. I'd really rather not wait for the anniversary though. Just get it done.

Viva el Pegual.

It's not theirs to fix, unless you mean that they're going to convince the NHL to change the rules again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.