Chad Johnson: Hello! Hello! I'm over here! (strips and jumps up and down twirling sparklers)

PASabreFan

One of the best months a Sabres goalie has ever had?  I haven't been paying attention too closely around here, but am I missing out on some inside joke or something?

And yes, I realize that I most likely am.

No joke, he did. However, I think a goalie like him putting up numbers like that tells me something is wrong with the game. 

there are 16 goalies with 10 or more games with a S% over .920   

Dominick Haseks lifetime S% was .922

He only played 7 games in Nov, not a huge sample size.

and he had that one really really really really bad game tho where he gave up 7 goals on 26 shots at the end of Oct.    He's been very good since that game tho.    

Ullmark still has a better sv% tho.  

One of the best months a Sabres goalie has ever had?  I haven't been paying attention too closely around here, but am I missing out on some inside joke or something?

And yes, I realize that I most likely am.

Seven appearances, .954, 1.12.

Edited by pASabreFan

No joke, he did. However, I think a goalie like him putting up numbers like that tells me something is wrong with the game. 

Indeed.  And they're not going to do anything about it unless the ratings fall off a cliff this year.

Indeed.  And they're not going to do anything about it unless the ratings fall off a cliff this year.

Attendance and TV ratings have been static for a decade. When I watch a little of the games in Brooklyn, NJ, Florida I see a lot of empty seats. The league matched up Sabres games in prime time with Bills games. What other cities where they stupid enough to do that at? But I bet at the end of this year all the number will come back just peachy.

Chad Johnson with better than Hasek numbers is a far greater sin than if the NFL changed their rules so Mey Cassle would have Tom Brady numbers. At least the football games would be entertaining because there would be scoring.

This makes me sad.

Dude just had one of the best months a Sabres goaltender has ever had, and no one is talking about him. Except me. In this post.

Talk about him. NOW.

Let me apply the same player evaluation methods they use at Two Bills Drive...

Welllll, he's been pretttty good. Not great, but he hasn't lost us any games. His saves are just a little bit off. A REAL NHL goalie would make them better. Plus he has "slow eyes." You can see he isn't focused on the puck. We've been through this before.  A a couple of good games, then you get sucked in and give them the big contract, and BOOM!. There is a reason this guy was a backup for years and not a #1 pick. He'll do until we get a REAL franchise goalie.

Speaking of, did you see that guy who just beat Boston? I know it's only two starts but he already looks like a franchise player. In fact I was saying Buffalo should trade for that kid. But this front office simply refuses to address the goalie situation. Been that way since Hasek.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

But the NHL is so much better with goals, no goals, off sides, foot in crease, goal tender interference no goals, high sticking no goals, foot motion kicking no goals.....

Thats interesting, would it really matter if guys could kick the puck in the net???   Is that not a skill?  A few more goals???

Johnson has been playing well enough for us to win games. That's what we need in a goaltender, and that is what he has been giving us (and then some, really). Can't ask for much more from a goaltender. In general, we thought goaltending and D would be a weakness coming into this season, and actually, it hasn't been, for the most part. At times it's been our strength.

Feel a lot better about our goaltending situation now, with Ullmark looking like a promising talent, and Johnson looking capable of holding the fort until Rhino Lehner comes back (who I haven't given up on).

Johnson has been playing well enough for us to win games. That's what we need in a goaltender, and that is what he has been giving us (and then some, really). Can't ask for much more from a goaltender. In general, we thought goaltending and D would be a weakness coming into this season, and actually, it hasn't been, for the most part. At times it's been our strength.

Feel a lot better about our goaltending situation now, with Ullmark looking like a promising talent, and Johnson looking capable of holding the fort until Rhino Lehner comes back (who I haven't given up on).

So that settles it.  They go back to the red and black jersey colors and from now on will be called the Buffalo Rhinos.

albino-rhinos-black-front.png

Seven appearances, .954, 1.12.

It's funny, looking over his game log again today, I automatically brushed over the mop up appearances when I looked yesterday.  How quickly we tend to forget those ones.  But either way, I see all the inside jokes have taken off in here anyway.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.