GDT: Carolina at Buffalo. 7:00pm EST 11/27/2015

woods-racer

I wouldn't say that. The Sabres had no business leading this game after two periods.

But, it makes up for the 3 or 4 games recently that they had no business losing.

The thing is though, our talent is resulting in goals this game, most likely because we aren't facing the best of the best like we were. Some would call it bad "puck luck" before, but realistically, we just had to get a chance at a lower level team. I don't think it's just a coincidence or "getting the bounces" that resulted in four markers today.

It was tough for this team that is still building chemistry and growing and learning to play as a team to take down the big boys so early on.

Nope.  Larkin just scored his 9th.

Oh well. He was tied, though. It's only a matter of time until he ties, and then passes him.

The thing is though, our talent is resulting in goals this game, most likely because we aren't facing the best of the best like we were. Some would call it bad "puck luck" before, but realistically, we just had to get a chance at a lower level team. I don't think it's just a coincidence or "getting the bounces" that resulted in four markers today.

It was tough for this team that is still building chemistry and growing and learning to play as a team to take down the big boys so early on.

I agree with almost all of that. I just don't agree with Blue that we looked better against a worse team, in fact I think we looked worse against a worse team than we did in a couple of those games against Dallas and St. Louis. They deserved a couple more points than they got against them, they got them back tonight.

Corsi isn't a tell-all about how well a team is playing, but at one point midway through the 2nd period, it was -29. That doesn't happen unless they get outplayed.

They did hang in there and finally came through in the end. That says a lot.

There is probably something to be said for a team, who, upon converting within their first 10 or so shots multiple times, which I believe we did today, stops firing as many pucks at the net, trying instead for more tic-tac-toe plays, in light of success earlier in the game. Hurting their corsi. When you get behind, you start firing more shots at the net from all angles. So a better corsi of course won't always result in better results. Often it will, but not always.

Can't say as I feel that was a nice win. They didn't appear to be the better team, just better puck luck in the first two periods. The did own the third period IMO and the Legwand goal was very nice.

It wasn't puck luck. It was converting on our chances. Just look at Jack's goal - textbook case of talent winning out. We are a more talented team, and that is why we won tonight.

Edited by Thorny

I agree with almost all of that. I just don't agree with Blue that we looked better against a worse team, in fact I think we looked worse against a worse team than we did in a couple of those games against Dallas and St. Louis. They deserved a couple more points than they got against them, they got them back tonight.

Corsi isn't a tell-all about how well a team is playing, but at one point midway through the 2nd period, it was -29. That doesn't happen unless they get outplayed.

They did hang in there and finally came through in the end. That says a lot.

By my eyes the Sabres were significantly outplayed in the first, edge Canes in the 1st half of the 2nd, even for the remainder of the 2nd, and the 3rd was all Buffalo.  Slow start but got better as the game wore on.  Overall, not as lopsided a game as you thought, IMO.

There is probably something to be said for a team, who, upon converting within their first 10 or so shots multiple times, which I believe we did today, stops firing as many pucks at the net, trying instead for more tic-tac-toe plays, in light of success earlier in the game. Hurting their corsi. When you get behind, you start firing more shots at the net from all angles. So a better corsi of course won't always result in better results. Often it will, but not always.

It wasn't puck luck. It was converting on our chances. Just look at Jack's goal - textbook case of talent winning out. We are a more talented team, and that is why we won tonight.

The Gorges and Gionta goals were absolute puck luck. Jack's goal, however,was a thing of beauty, absolute cream right there.

Good game

Johnson was steady

Bogo looks hurt

Foligno is starting to learn to bring that energy every shift

Jack is Jack

Samson us my favorite developing player to watch right now, he's improving so fast

Kane needs a play making center

Who was he with tonight? O'Reilly and Reinhart? About as good as you'll get on this roster.

Hate to say it but I'm really not liking Kane's game. Turnovers and no vision. Hopefully he's just shaking off the rust still.

Good game

Johnson was steady

Bogo looks hurt

Foligno is starting to learn to bring that energy every shift

Jack is Jack

Samson us my favorite developing player to watch right now, he's improving so fast

Kane needs a play making center

I think Reinhart is every bit as important to this team's future as Eichel and ROR.

Who was he with tonight? O'Reilly and Reinhart? About as good as you'll get on this roster.

Hate to say it but I'm really not liking Kane's game. Turnovers and no vision. Hopefully he's just shaking off the rust still.

Think of it as high risk/high reward, and once the rust shakes off he'll be getting those rewards.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.