GDT: Vancouver at Buffalo, 1pm 11/7/15

Eleven

Can we stop it with the "Ennis made a nice play, therefore all the previous criticism is immediately invalid" stuff?

It did feel super good to finally see him make an Ennis play. The way he weaved through those Canucks was amazing

I don't think I've ever seen a Sabres defenseman so capable in the o-zone as Risto. The opposing forwards think they're covering the lane, but they're going exactly where Risto wants.

Eichel was nowhere near agressive enough today. Not even close to enough skating, too much standing around and forcing passes.

Great shot by Ristolainen. He waited for the screens to move in to position, showing a ton of patience, and picked a corner with his shot. Great goal. Really excited that this guy is our future #1 D. Great celebration too.

Eichel had a really good game, showing great poise on his set-ups, resulting in (finally) a couple assists. Good to see guys finally finishing for him. THAT'S more like the playmaking Jack Eichel that we are used to. He didn't shoot as much today but that is fine. The other areas of his game shined through.

Ullmark looked solid, Pysyk had a great game. Foligno I thought had a great game.

All-in-all, a good team win. Watching the guys celebrate there at the end, they seem to be really close as a team. Good to see.

Of course, it's Tampa AGAIN next. Taking out the TB games this year: We are 6-5.

https://twitter.com/RyanMiller3039/status/663106184035987456

Ryan Miller Verified account ‏@RyanMiller3039

Thank you to the @BuffaloSabres and the fans for welcoming me back! It was nice to see old friends and remember some good times.

Miss the guy, after he retires. I hope he visits Buffalo from time to time.

In my opinion Ennis's woes are due to him finding his identity on this team. The last two years he was looked on to pretty much carry the offense and had little assistance in doing so. So he'd possess the puck out of necessity since unless Girgs or Moulson were open he had few options he could count on. Suddenly he can pass it to almost anyone, thus he feels required to pass more. He just needs to find that niche between over possessing the puck and trying to force the play too much.

Gionta had 17min on the ice, looked far better because of it, he's older so he can't play the bigger minutes anymore but give him 15 or so a game and I think he'll wake up like how he did last year. 

Miss the guy, after he retires. I hope he visits Buffalo from time to time.

In my opinion Ennis's woes are due to him finding his identity on this team. The last two years he was looked on to pretty much carry the offense and had little assistance in doing so. So he'd possess the puck out of necessity since unless Girgs or Moulson were open he had few options he could count on. Suddenly he can pass it to almost anyone, thus he feels required to pass more. He just needs to find that niche between over possessing the puck and trying to force the play too much.

Gionta had 17min on the ice, looked far better because of it, he's older so he can't play the bigger minutes anymore but give him 15 or so a game and I think he'll wake up like how he did last year. 

Glad to see he's having a successful year this year on a team that was projected to suck. He's probably got a few years left but I'd like to see him go out with at least some playoff time.

Good call on Ennis. Sometimes you just need somebody to take it upon himself to control the play and keep the puck himself. Some say he does it too often, I say it's a calculated risk that pays off in the long run. Today it won them a game, not to mention he led the team in hits through two periods.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.