GDT: Vancouver at Buffalo, 1pm 11/7/15

Eleven

Eichel is a ###### hockey robot. Him being NINETEEN has nothing to do with anything.

(Scumbag edit)

I don't think a vet tries to make that move. I see no benefit to having him out there other than his potential offense on the 1-2 short handed breakaways you'll get in every 20 or so pk attempts. Put McGinn or someone else out there to block shots and get tired. They can easily do the same thing he does, probably better too. 

lol I love our board memes.

Anyways, Jack Eichel is getting better and once his offensive vision catches up to NHL speed we will start seeing greater things. It is encouraging how poised he is in his own end.

Sam Reinhart continues to improve.  ROR as a mentor I think will do wonders for him because we need Samson to become a better ROR. 

F##k yea. We have centers.

Also the excitement when Rasmus scores... it's like the team scored... like they are a team... my point is we have a team again.

Edited by LGR4GM

How often does an Eichel move not work?

All the time. 

Eichel knows this too and even when he loses the puck doing teh fancy, he usually catches right back up with it and steals it away or at least disrupts the other player.  Most players don't react as quickly when they lose the puck.  That said, he's not 100%.  He's still doing things he should know not to do.  I think the first portion of the season he's getting a pretty long leash from Byslma, including all different game situations, to allow Jack to learn the league.  At some point I expect DD to rein him in and not freelance so much, but he wants to see what Jack's capable of (and teach Jack what Jack's capable of) first.

Hear, hear.

Think about it, toward the end of last season, Larsson was centering our top line.  Now he's almost an afterthought.  It's nice to have him sitting there though- instant depth at center (what do we have now?  6?  7 guys who can play center?)

Maybe overlooked maybe not but the fact that Foligno decided to get that puck back to Risto on the gwg instead of trying to jam it by Millsie or just shoot it speaks volumes on the scouting the Sabres did as well as their gameplan on how to beat Miller. Good job under pressure.

Great eye on Foligno. What an absolutely tremendous look on his part -- under pressure, as you note..

Foligno played with him for most of 2 seasons, right?  He didn't need a scouting report to tell him Miller was vulnerable to the deep lob with the game on the line.   :P

HaHA!

I heard someone say: Ryan Miller got the full Ryan Miller in Buffalo experience. He watched one goalie get shelled in the 1st (something he used to do, esp toward the end) and then he let in a late one to lose the game (something he may or may not have done much, but it is fun to say he did because I am an idiot).

And yes: The tribute was cool. I always liked Miller. Cool dude. (Sort of a weird dude.)

lol I love our board memes.

Anyways, Jack Eichel is getting better and once his offensive vision catches up to NHL speed we will start seeing greater things. It is encouraging how poised he is in his own end.

Sam Reinhart continues to improve.  ROR as a mentor I think will do wonders for him because we need Samson to become a better ROR. 

Also the excitement when Rasmus scores... it's like the team scored... like they are a team... my point is we have a team again.

LGR4GM, where'd you find that awesome picutre of Rasmus celebrating the GW goal?

Awesome game and a great W.

Welcome to the board.

Thank you Buno.

This was discussed in another older topic, but am I crazy to want to see a line of Kane, Zemgus, and Ennis? Those three fly around the ice and cause havoc. I'd love to see them on the ice together and see what happens.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.