Let's talk about Yeichel

Stads

One of the broadcasters with MSG/the Sabres said he believes "Yeichel" was a mistake that RJ just kind of ran with. He also believes everybody is hesitant to say anything to RJ because of his stature, but he himself is considering asking him to stop saying it.

Good stuff.

And I'm good with whatever RJ wants to do.

Maybe the delivery had to be better. It's growing on me!

I swear, Rick (and Jack) will make us love this.

I still think it's pretty bad. The over enthusiastic Yeichel is almost worse in my book. Check back in 10 more goals or so and I'll let you know if I'm jumping aboard the Yeichel locomotive.

Sorta funny, I think.

About halfway down the page there's a video of Eichel scoring against Tamba Bay. The caption under the video reads "Hilarious Announcer".

It is, of course, our RJ.

(PS - great blog if you're a Hockey/Vancouver fan ...)

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2015/11/06/canucks-hat-trick-killer-road-trips-for-elite-athletes-facing-jack-musing-about-cody-vs-zack/

Edited by N'eo

Also from the article:

Against Philadelphia last week, his release was so quick that even upon repeated viewings, you can’t quite see it.

True:  If you watch the replays of Jack's goals, you have to watch several times on some of them to see where he actually shoots.  A lot of the time he's got it on his stick and in the next frame it's halfway to the goal, and you never saw the puck leave his stick. 

Also from the article:

True:  If you watch the replays of Jack's goals, you have to watch several times on some of them to see where he actually shoots.  A lot of the time he's got it on his stick and in the next frame it's halfway to the goal, and you never saw the puck leave his stick. 

it's a fair fecking point.

there've been a couple of those beauties, where i found myself wondering how or why the shoot eluded the 'keeper. the distance, angle, and placement didn't seem all that unusual or dangerous. i don't play, so i can't really know. i'm guessing his release and the puck's speed are what make the difference. all the difference, it seems.

I have a theory, which is mine, that Jack's shot is largely wrist action with little or no visible follow through.  Not particularly hard, but released at unexpected times, accurately placed, and without the follow through, hard to pick up by the goalie.  It's like every shot is a screened shot because the goalie can't get the usual visual cue of the puck's direction from the follow through of the stick.

Rick needs to adopt Eicharamba!

I will be putting it on a T shirt

The Eicharamba is awesome. I'm hoping we develop an "I like Eich" chant at the F'NC

By the way, was it Duff who called the game last night? That guy is terrible. He does an amazing job of not telling you where the pick is on the ice. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.