Let's talk about Yeichel

Stads

Read this, and I was a bit ohh, man.

The exchange was handled with great class and restraint.

I suspect there are things that the old codgers around here would not know, and the young 'uns would be like "Grandpa! C'mon! Get with the times!"

I was reminded recently that my late grandmother's Christian name was Ann (as in the Saint, not the Queen), even though everyone knew her as Nancy (h/t to Sir Paul).

I'd long thought her godmother's use of the name "Nancy" was purely capricious, but evidently Nancy does derive from Ann.

Btw, Margaret may have the best collection of derivatives: Meg, Meggie, Peg, Margot, and even Daisy (from the French "marguerite" (a kind of perennial daisy)).

Yep. Anne & Nancy both take the same origination as annunciate (annunciatio(?)). (Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin)

I wonder if the Wilson's mama was aware of this...

Possible.

Wouldn't be surprised in the least if she had an ancestor (grandma maybe?) that influenced her greatly named either Anne or Nancy & she named both daughters "in honor of" her. That said, she probably just liked the names. ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.