Let's talk about Yeichel

Stads

If this doesn't warrant its own topic or is being discussed elsewhere, please feel free to delete. After hearing it again tonight, I get the sense "Yeichel" is here to stay. I know it shouldn't bother me so much, but it just does. As I stated in the GDT, I love RJ as much as anyone else. Yeichel just makes absolutely no sense to me and sounds weirder and weirder every time. There have been so many other nicknames proposed on here involving "Jack" that would be so much more appropriate. If I'm fortunate enough to hear Yeichel 30-40 times this year, I'll probably be so happy that I won't really care. For now, it's just not my bag.

Edited by Stads

I hate the yeichel call. Can't stand it actually. Cringed when I heard it the first goal he scored and actually assumed it was a mistake and RJ was just in the moment. Really hoping it doesn't continue

Personally I wish there was a Hyde on one of the NHL teams we could trade for so we could have the 'Jekyll (J Eichel) and Hyde

Has any of the local media asked RJ about it? Is it a portmanteau of yikes and Eichel? I thought it was a mistake the first time too, but now it's obvious that it's on purpose.

I thought it was a mistake, thought it was deliberate and thought it was a mistake again until last night. Now I know it's on purpose. This time he said it clearly and with a little lilt, as if he knows about the skeptics and wanted to make it clear, goddamnit, I am saying Yeichel, and I know what I'm doing!

#firstworldproblems

Perhaps it's an elaborate conspiracy theory set up by RJ himself to ease the eventual passing of the torch to DD. RJ has a great call lined up and he's secretly whispered it to DD already and is intentionally "tanking" his own call of Eichel, the generational player that RJ knows is not of his generation. He knows his time is running out and how it won't be easy for DD to fill his shoes. This mis-call by RJ is a selflessly clever way to ease the burden for DD.

At least that's how I see it cause yeichel is just turds.

ugh.  This isn't RJ's finest, but I won't label anything RJ calls as slug level.  

To clarify... I meant something that people didn't like at first but bought into because it was attached to a winning product. (Or at least bought.)

Perhaps it's an elaborate conspiracy theory set up by RJ himself to ease the eventual passing of the torch to DD. RJ has a great call lined up and he's secretly whispered it to DD already and is intentionally "tanking" his own call of Eichel, the generational player that RJ knows is not of his generation. He knows his time is running out and how it won't be easy for DD to fill his shoes. This mis-call by RJ is a selflessly clever way to ease the burden for DD.

At least that's how I see it cause yeichel is just turds.

Where have you been all my life?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.