GDT: Buffalo @ Pittsburgh, 7:00 pm edt, 10/29/2015

WildCard

Let's go Sabres! Let's show this old team who the new dominant power in the East is going to be. Syd anti no kid no more! Our team is getting better and better. As much as I bash Larsson he is coming along, hope he continues it tonight. He should stay with other speed players, IMO.

I overheard Hamilton whipping Larsson pretty good during a WGR segment recently -- something about how Larsson should not expect to play with top 6 players all the time (that he's doing so now because of injuries), that Larsson needs to learn and really embrace his utility role up and down the lineup (and, by implication, he has not done that yet).

Hamilton seems unduly biased against the guy. I'm not sure why.

I overheard Hamilton whipping Larsson pretty good during a WGR segment recently -- something about how Larsson should not expect to play with top 6 players all the time (that he's doing so now because of injuries), that Larsson needs to learn and really embrace his utility role up and down the lineup (and, by implication, he has not done that yet).

He's been beating the anti-Larsson drum all season now.  I don't quite get it as I've been good with his game

It started with the comment Larsson made last year about being on the fourth line — which weren't as over-the-top as they have been made out to be — and it has never stopped, not even during Larsson's strong stint to close out last season. Once entitled, forever entitled I guess for P Ham.

It started with the comment Larsson made last year about being on the fourth line — which weren't as over-the-top as they have been made out to be — and it has never stopped, not even during Larsson's strong stint to close out last season. Once entitled, forever entitled I guess for P Ham.

Just one of the many issues with his reporting.

I would love to see Matthew Coller on the as a permanent part of the Sabres Beat. His commentary is very good and he includes analytics in his reporting. He and Marty Biron would make Hockey Hotline must listen radio.

I agree -- Coller adds a lot more value than Hammy.

Ugh

@BillHoppeNHL: Mike Weber is in tonight. #Sabres

Good all Yall haters. He's from shittsburgh as well. :)

I agree -- Coller adds a lot more value than Hammy.

He does as in he actually provides somethin. Hamm Sammich only provides lines at the buffet. I can't believe how long Buffalo has let this hack hang on.

Coller is a little to know it all for my personal taste but he's an upgrade for sure.

@BuffaloSabres: #Sabres line rushes this AM:

Deslauriers-O'Reilly-Ennis

Larsson-Eichel-Reinhart

Moulson-Girgensons-Gionta

Foligno-Legwand-McGinn

#BUFvsPIT

Nick D on the top line? What what? Ok! I'm cool with it, let's see him pot a goal or two. Love our depth at forward.

Like where Larsson is. He's bad along the boards but I think putting him out there with speed guys that do a ton of touch passing is using him to the best.

Nick D on the top line? What what? Ok! I'm cool with it, let's see him pot a goal or two. Love our depth at forward.

Like where Larsson is. He's bad along the boards but I think putting him out there with speed guys that do a ton of touch passing is using him to the best.

Same lines as last game

If it came from PHam, it means absolutely zero to me.

I'm kinda hoping the Sabres' nascent resurgence brings back the guy who used to post here in a blind fury about Pittsburgh.  He had to live there because of his in-laws, was deeply unhappy about it and posted some outstanding rants.

Sabres73, maybe? I remember the rants, and miss them.

Good ###### all Yall haters. He's from shittsburgh as well. :)

He does as in he actually provides somethin. Hamm Sammich only provides lines at the buffet. I can't believe how long Buffalo has let this hack hang on.

Coller is a little to know it all for my personal taste but he's an upgrade for sure.

Just a personal request... for what it's worth.  Could we not take gratuitous cheap shots at his weight?  His weight has no relevance to his ability to be a hockey reporter.  You don't have to acquiesce to my request.. I'm just asking.  I know I quoted you ink, but others have done it as well.

I think, at times, he has some insight that works.  He gets to be with the team more often and in more scenarios than we are and I believe that does lend him a certain level of knowledge the public doesn't have.  I also agree that at times he says things that are a bit out from left field.

Now, onto the game.

Going to miss the beginning.. I am sure it will be partway through the second before I get off the ice tonight.  Hoping for them to hit hard all night.  

Edited by LTS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.