GDT: Buffalo @ Pittsburgh, 7:00 pm edt, 10/29/2015

WildCard

There were not and never have been "ROR Haters".  We need to let this myth die.  His impact is more than I hoped for and he is earning that new contract he will be getting next year. I am happy with him.

We really need to just let the term 'haters'  die altogether.  Can't somebody make critical comments about another person any more with 'hater'  being the only retort? 

We put over 50 shots on goal and people complain where they came from. We get 22 and people complain we don't shoot enough. Crazy stuff around here. Pretty sure DB told the guys you have a new goalie and shoot from anywhere. Eichel probably doing as told.

Should we add Eichel to our every growing "he will be just fine" list?

When you have D and goaltending like this team has you have to shoot and shoot often. Hope some lucky goals go in. Realistically, it is the only chance we have until Lehner comes back and hopefully proves he is more than the average goalie he has been up to this point in his career.

I'd just add Eichel to the 'he's still a kid getting everything thrown at him and doing a damn good job of maintaining control while still playing his own game'  list.  ;)

What you call soft goals I call defensive lapses. Being a goalie myself, I tend to be more sympathetic. Johnson's largest issue, IMO, is rebound control. But the Sabres D doesn't help much.

I agree to a point on the rebound control; that's what caused the pens 3rd goal. However, in the Philly game he let in an unscreened wrister which tipped the top of his glove. That's a must-save, IMO

I just don't think it matters for the Sabres long term goals. This is not the year to worry about how well the back up goalie is going to do. They are not a playoff team this year and depth at every position is not a necessity.  Your asking them to trade a 3rd so we can finish with a few more wins. Nice, but what does it accomplish?  The Sabres end in 18th place instead of a 21st place  ? Not giving up a third for that when I can have a goalie next summer for nothing or one from Rochester is just fine for me.

I didn't eat 5 million hot pockets man, I got time, it's all good.

I see where you are coming from but disagree with your premise.

The tank is over, the goal is to get better every day and Murray needs to play as hard as he is asking the team to play.

A third round pick isn't going to hurt the big picture and being 18 instead of 23 isn't either.

I don't know about you guys, but even though I'm willing to be patient, I want to make the playoffs this year.

I see where you are coming from but disagree with your premise.

The tank is over, the goal is to get better every day and Murray needs to play as hard as he is asking the team to play.

A third round pick isn't going to hurt the big picture and being 18 instead of 23 isn't either.

I don't know about you guys, but even though I'm willing to be patient, I want to make the playoffs this year.

No, it's not. I also don't think you're getting any goaltending worthwhile for it either. We can point to Neuvirth and Enroth, but think about the circumstances surrounding those trades and compare it to 10 games into this season. 

Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but the old man stealing a puck from a kid seems to be getting a lot of play today.  It's always hilarious how bad these things make certain people look.

Best explanation was that it was for his grandkid but yeah come on.

I just watched the last 5 minutes over lunch (taxi duty / radio last night), how the efff does that high stick on Girgs not get called?  One-handed careless type and right on the puck.  And would have made it 6v3 not "a man-up" like May said when Duff kicked off post-game with it.  

Anyways, enjoying this team again, and thrilled to have 0 plans tonight and able to watch from couch.

I just watched the last 5 minutes over lunch (taxi duty / radio last night), how the efff does that high stick on Girgs not get called?  One-handed careless type and right on the puck.  And would have made it 6v3 not "a man-up" like May said when Duff kicked off post-game with it.  

It's not like he was carrying the puck and the center of attention on the ice at that moment...

Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but the old man stealing a puck from a kid seems to be getting a lot of play today.  It's always hilarious how bad these things make certain people look.

The optics of that scene are so much worse than I imagined. I thought maybe they were sitting near each other and Bylsma's toss was errant or something. That really is terrible.

What you call soft goals I call defensive lapses. Being a goalie myself, I tend to be more sympathetic. Johnson's largest issue, IMO, is rebound control. But the Sabres D doesn't help much.

There have been some real softies. It doesn't take too many. But between his puck handling (which is an adventure), and just plain getting beat by a shooter he sees clearly, he's not long for a starting position. 

Not saying he doesn't give a game effort, but the talent is lacking IMO. 

And I'm pretty sympathetic to goalies in general. 

I would have stood up and boxed people out just so he could get the puck.  I don't know how people don't speak up there.  There's zero justification, even if he was supposedly getting it for his grand kid,  Bylsma clearly wanted to the boy to have that puck and so he should have received it.

If that guy was someone I knew I would chew his butt off and then stop speaking to him.  I don't want to interact with  people like that.

Edited by LTS

No, it's not. I also don't think you're getting any goaltending worthwhile for it either. We can point to Neuvirth and Enroth, but think about the circumstances surrounding those trades and compare it to 10 games into this season.

You could be right. I haven't really looked at the market closely.

Ramo at least can be had for next to nothing, although I'm not sure how much better than Johnson he is.

The fact of the matter is we can't continue playing Johnson most games unless there is a big turnaround.

Hopefully Ullmark gives us a reason to ride him a while.

I would have stood up and boxed people out just so he could get the puck.  I don't know how people don't speak up there.  There's zero justification, even if he was supposedly getting it for his grand kid,  Bylsma clearly wanted to the boy to have that puck and so he should have received it.

If that guy was someone I knew I would chew his butt off and then stop speaking to him.  I don't want to interact with  people like that.

There were some boos.

I saw on the Twitter that the guy was ultimately booed out of his section. Fwiw.

I also saw a comment on Deadspin purporting that the mean old man was in cahoots with the kid and his Dad, with the idea of getting the kid more and better swag. I think that must be a joke. But can you imagine?

I saw on the Twitter that the guy was ultimately booed out of his section. Fwiw.

I also saw a comment on Deadspin purporting that the mean old man was in cahoots with the kid and his Dad, with the idea of getting the kid more and better swag. I think that must be a joke. But can you imagine?

Ya no way that's legit lol.

They hatched that scheme in a hurry! The creep was still in his seat when they tossed a second puck up there for the kid. Not sure when that happened.

There were some boos.

Just Boos?  I would have been close to accosting the jerk.  That said, I would have asked to move to the seat behind him and then engaged in a lengthy diatribe on how much of jerk he is.

Oh well... it's over now.  I just hate people like that.  It's a demonstration of everything wrong with society in 8 seconds or less.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.