Kim Pegula and Buffalo Sabres new goal song

LGR4GM

I celebrated when Jack scored, but when I heard HEREWEGONOW HEREWEGONOW I almost fell off the couch from laughing so hard. Outstanding. Looks like folks had fun.

Noticed a few fans jumping, by the way.

Yeah. When the new SabreJack scored, the song seemed to work well. Too bad we can't get a version "Here we goal now, here we goal now."

Artie Baby Booboo no likey! He cleared his throat and spat on the goal song!!! Stop piping in this crummy music and let the fans cheer!!!! Ptooooeyy!!!

(Know you're making a funny, but ...) If Fart Wander truly does dislike it, enshrine it like the Bills have Shout.

I didn't expect to like it, but it I did. It did seem to carry on with too many "here we go now"s (twelve consecutive if you count the last two that left out the "now") but I'm sure they'll tweak it into what works best.

Like others I wonder if they will play it if they're on the short end of an out-of-hand game.

I didn't expect to like it, but it I did. It did seem to carry on with too many "here we go now"s (twelve consecutive if you count the last two that left out the "now") but I'm sure they'll tweak it into what works best.

Like others I wonder if they will play it if they're on the short end of an out-of-hand game.

Goal songs are not new to the Sabres. They play the song after every goal, just like the horn. I suspect they would tone down the volume for such situations.

I like that you scrolled past a bunch of people saying they liked it, including qwk, and then said that everyone has to admit it sucks. Clearly it is objectively terrible.

He tried to do the same thing in the GDT last night. Kept repeating some complaint about the Sabres not moving their feet enough, and then wondered why no one was agreeing with him. Clearly they weren't playing with enough compete. 

I think the Swords of a thousand men would have been a better choice...they could have played that "Hoorah,hoorah,hoorah ayy!" part 2 or 3 times before following it with "We're the swords of a thousand men!"

Or, they could have taken it straight from the song from around 1:01 to 1:15...talking about "Hear our roar, hear our sound, we're gonna fight until we have won this town....hooorah, hoorah, hoorah ayyy..."

Edited by matter2003

I like the goal song.   Not a big fan of how they're mixing it with the "here we go now" over and over, sounds like it's skipping around... just let it play like in the contest.

Same here. I thought they were using a scratched up CD that was skipping until Kane scored and the same crap happened a second time.

I think the Swords of a thousand men would have been a better choice...they could have played that "Hoorah,hoorah,hoorah ayy!" part 2 or 3 times before following it with "We're the swords of a thousand men!"

Or, they could have taken it straight from the song from around 1:01 to 1:15...talking about "Hear our roar, hear our sound, we're gonna fight until we have won this town....hooorah, hoorah, hoorah ayyy..."

Yes.  This song could easily be the Sabres version of the "Shout" song.  The lyrics are perfect for our team (especially after a goal) and it'd be easy for everyone to sing along to after hearing it a few times.  If you're in Chicago when Chelsea Dagger plays after a goal and the crowd joins in, you get goosebumps.  This would have been the same thing in B-Lo.

Let Me Clear My Throat is just a generic hip hop song.  You could put basically any hip hop song in its place for game 2 and I doubt anyone would notice.  Lame choice by the fans who voted and I suspect they just wanted whatever sounded more modern.  This is the type of thinking that had the Sabres switching to black uniforms 20 years ago. Bleh.

Edited by Robviously

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.