Kim Pegula and Buffalo Sabres new goal song

LGR4GM

I hope they incorporate some LMCMT into the clip they play.

True story: On the assumption that this song was a players' suggestion, I had a day dream wherein 90 and 15 incorporated a throat-clearing gesture as part of their goal celebrations.

See this is what SDS was afraid of. You have some weird dreams Smell

I'm pretty sure I emphasized that I didn't care what the name of the songs were or what the songs were about… I only asserted that you were not going to get grown men in the arena to shout "swords of 1000 men" out loud.

LMCMT has no such awkward line.

Sober grown men perhaps...

I like the idea of Swords, particularly the idea of having a goal song that's somewhat personalized to the team (like the Buffalo Bills version of Shout).  It's fun and identifiable.  It helps the brand.

But Let Me Clear My Throat is SO obnoxious that it's pretty much rubbing the goal celebration in the face of opponents while simultaneously making fun of the idea of goal songs.  And if that isn't personalized to our team and what we want to be, then I don't know what is.  We should be the team that has a goal song so obnoxious that it shits on everyone else's goal song.  Let's own it.

Wyshynski's not wrong:

Then we get to that sax loop, and it’s just a party. I want to see 18,000 fans doing the Ed Lover Dance...

Another thing about the sax loop: It’s unique and just annoying enough that the opponents will be sick of hearing it in a blowout, “Chelsea Dagger” style.

Then we get to that sax loop, and it’s just a party. I want to see 18,000 fans doing the Ed Lover Dance...

Another thing about the sax loop: It’s unique and just annoying enough that the opponents will be sick of hearing it in a blowout, “Chelsea Dagger” style.

I can't get past the idea that a sax loop is more annoying that 20000 people singing at the top of their lungs. You can't sing LMCMT, therefore it's a bad choice.

I can't get past the idea that a sax loop is more annoying that 20000 people singing at the top of their lungs. You can't sing LMCMT, therefore it's a bad choice.

You can't sing LMCMT. YEEAAH UH UH UH UH UH UH HEREWEGONOWHEREWEGONOWHEREWEGONOWHEREWEGOHEREWEGO NOW LISTEN SOMEBODYMAKESOMENOISEINTHISJOINT MAN

The irritation is real.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

And I know it's not everyone's speed, but the orignial promo video -- with guests Doug E. Fresh and the Diabolical Biz Markie -- is the sort of thing that makes me ... happy.

That thing is a jam.

I know it doesn't have the obvious natural sing-a-long part. But there's opportunities in there.

Fwiw, I played the final song choices to 9 children aged between 8 and 16 yesterday. Each kid was called in to listen and vote alone. They went 11-for-11 in favor of LMCMT.

And I know it's not everyone's speed, but the orignial promo video -- with guests Doug E. Fresh and the Diabolical Biz Markie -- is the sort of thing that makes me ... happy.

That thing is a jam.

I know it doesn't have the obvious natural sing-a-long part. But there's opportunities in there.

Fwiw, I played the final song choices to 9 children aged between 8 and 16 yesterday. Each kid was called in to listen and vote alone. They went 11-for-11 in favor of LMCMT.

That just proves children have terrible taste in music. :) (Or are the republicans worst nightmare of fraudulent voting; they're like devious, tiny, people!)

That thing is a jam.

I miss GoDD.

That thing is a jam.

Two kids voted twice? Hanging chads?

(Or are the republicans worst nightmare of fraudulent voting; they're like devious, tiny, people!)

Two kids voted twice? Hanging chads?

Ha! Man. I have no idea how that 11-for-11 came out. Weird. 

They were unanimous, in any case. And, now that I'm counting them up again (it was part of a soccer team at a pizza place, with a few siblings thrown in the mix), I realize there were 10.

Edited by That Aud Smell

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.