Sabres training camp 2015

Hoss

So the team finally put an official date on training camp. Camp starts the 17th with players hitting the ice on the 18th (yes, 2 and 3 days away).

Here's the official roster: http://sabres.nhl.com/v2/ext/2015-16%20Season/Training%20Camp/20150915-TrainingCamp-Roster.pdf

And schedule: http://sabres.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=779124

Matt Ellis.  Heh.

Actually, my hope is that Matty Ellis, Patty Kaleta and Cody Mac will become a collective veteran presence on the farm to help get the youngin's ready for the NHL, and perhaps even move into coaching positions.  This forum hates Matt Ellis, but he's always done everything the organization has asked of him.  Patty and Cody have too.

Edited by Robins Egg

Matt Ellis.  Heh.

Actually, my hope is that Matty Ellis, Patty Kaleta and Cody Mac will become a collective veteran presence on the farm to help get the youngin's ready for the NHL, and perhaps even move into coaching positions.  This forum hates Matt Ellis, but he's always done everything the organization has asked of him.  Patty and Cody have too.

It's true. But I don't want to even pay Roch money to see Matty.

It's probably nothing but interesting they label Johan Larsson as a LW instead of C.  If they want him playing third line minutes rather than stuck on the 4th line that is the way it will have to go.

Interestingly, Larsson is listed as a LW on most hockey sites. NHL.com, Yahoo Sports, etc, etc.

Thought McGinn was a RW. Training camp lineup has him listed as a LW. Typo?

McGinn is officially considered a LW, at least as far as I know.

I believe he is a right shot, but has played both sides.

He's actually a left shot.

Edited by Thorny

Matt Ellis.  Heh.

I can't understand why anyone would have angst towards Ellis.  He's a great influence on players.  He's the kind of player you need around younger kids.  He's got a great attitude and work ethic and regardless of his abilities he never stops giving all he has on the ice.

I can't understand why anyone would have angst towards Ellis.  He's a great influence on players.  He's the kind of player you need around younger kids.  He's got a great attitude and work ethic and regardless of his abilities he never stops giving all he has on the ice.

I'm a great influence on kids too, but, I assure you, you don't want to pay $75 to see me skate in an NHL game.

He's the definition of mediocre, a total wash on the ice, and is actuality of unscrewing 3000 screws from a 2x4 by hand. Even his face is forgettable. He's a good guy, sure, but hot damn he is just so ###### boring and uninspiring. 

Edited by WildCard

He's the definition of mediocre, a total wash on the ice, and is actuality of unscrewing 3000 screws from a 2x4 by hand. Even his face is forgettable. He's a good guy, sure, but hot damn he is just so ###### boring and uninspiring. 

All the stuff that people love about him is stuff that you want behind the bench.

All the stuff that people love about him is stuff that you want behind the bench.

Hes Ted Nolan as a player. He is the bench.

Edit: Missed a key word there; I think he probably would be a good coach. Just like Byslma said, it's usually the people who have to work the hardest on the ice that make the best coaches off it.

Edited by WildCard

I used to not be very fond of Matt Ellis, but a couple years ago now, I remember seeing an interview with Matt in between periods outside the locker room, after he had just scored a goal. He was smiling ear to ear like a kid who had just scored his first goal ever, it was a kind of enthusiasm you don't often see from players. It was oddly heartwarming, and since then I have had a bit of a soft spot for the guy.

I don't want him playing on the Sabres or anything, but would like him in Rochester.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.