Sabres training camp 2015

Hoss

McCormick failed his physical too.

Love the guy.  Don't want to see the rest of his life ruined tho.  Retire, big guy.

That sucks. I'm sure he knew without being told officially but still has to be a depressing day. I read somewhere he feels great and has no symptoms but the blood clot thing is a real issue for flying.

I'm dont hate Kaleta as a player like most do here but u all have to admit one thing. The guy really does work his @ss off on the ice if he's not taking silly penalties. I find it amusing that people say this player or that player sucks but in all honesty I don't see your @ss skating with the big boys.

I don't think anyone here hates Kaleta as a player. We just think his body is done.

I'm dont hate Kaleta as a player like most do here but u all have to admit one thing. The guy really does work his @ss off on the ice if he's not taking silly penalties. I find it amusing that people say this player or that player sucks but in all honesty I don't see your @ss skating with the big boys.

I meant Peters is terrible, sorry about that.  Kaleta is a fine player for what he does.  I just find it hilarious how Peters talks.  

I'm bummed there's no Larsson on that starting forward unit but I guess it shows something when last year's first-line centre has been pushed that far down the roster. Mostly love the lines.

Don't get the Gionta hate. He's always been small. The guy is a pro and looked good after his injury. He may be declining, but he'll be fine on the third line.

Oh, and Moulson does have a Tavares to spoonfeed him.

attachicon.gifJack Eichel.jpg

Gorges Bogosian

Colaiacovo Franson

Weber Pysk

Where's Risto?

Colaicovo was splitting time w/ Franson and Donovan. So it looks like, for now, Carlo is 7 and Donovan 8 w/ Risto & Franson the 2nd pair.

Ryan O is a very complete player. (Well, duh.) Seems like a Peca that doesn't hit as much but w/ much more offensive upside. He already was working well w/ Kane & Ennis; can't wait to see them after they've played together a bit. (I was pushing for keeping Ennis w/ Moulson & Eichel due to his chemistry w/ Matt; but KOE could be dominant.) Kane was hustling. He looked very glad to finally be back on the ice.

Reinhart is much bigger than last year. He was looking good in the 4th session.

Larsson was centering Baptiste & Carrier. Will be interesting to see if he works himself back into the top 12.

And looks like Ra-cha-cha's pencilled in top line is Elli w/ Catenacci & Varone w/ McCabe - Ruhwedel as top pairing.

Colaicovo was splitting time w/ Franson and Donovan. So it looks like, for now, Carlo is 7 and Donovan 8 w/ Risto & Franson the 2nd pair.

Ryan O is a very complete player. (Well, duh.) Seems like a Peca that doesn't hit as much but w/ much more offensive upside. He already was working well w/ Kane & Ennis; can't wait to see them after they've played together a bit. (I was pushing for keeping Ennis w/ Moulson & Eichel due to his chemistry w/ Matt; but KOE could be dominant.) Kane was hustling. He looked very glad to finally be back on the ice.

Reinhart is much bigger than last year. He was looking good in the 4th session.

Larsson was centering Baptiste & Carrier. Will be interesting to see if he works himself back into the top 12.

And looks like Ra-cha-cha's pencilled in top line is Elli w/ Catenacci & Varone w/ McCabe - Ruhwedel as top pairing.

So Ristolainen playing on the left? How does everyone feel about that?

Who's playing what position on that Amerks top line?

So Ristolainen playing on the left? How does everyone feel about that?

Who's playing what position on that Amerks top line?

Unfortunately, I left shortly after they started working faceoffs / breakouts, and didn't notice. (Far more interested in watching Sabres pencilled in 3rd & 4th lines and Bogosian-Gorges.)

My ability to skate in the NHL has nothing to do with any player being able to play in the NHL.  Many of us are capable of playing the game of relativity.  In that, relative to other NHL players, a certain player may be judged for his ability to play the game.

If you think about it even more, most coaches were not outstanding NHL players and some may never have played but they get to decide which players are NHL capable as well.

I find it amusing that people say this player or that player sucks but in all honesty I don't see your @ss skating with the big boys.

Piggybacking a bit on what LTS said: This line of thinking endorses a scenario where all but a tiny fraction of fans are unqualified to opine on the merits, strengths, weaknesses, or prospects of a player.

In point of fact, this line of thinking would tend to exclude GM TM from evaluating his own players.

Piggybacking a bit on what LTS said: This line of thinking endorses a scenario where all but a tiny fraction of fans are unqualified to opine on the merits, strengths, weaknesses, or prospects of a player.

In point of fact, this line of thinking would tend to exclude GM TM from evaluating his own players.

It'd also preclude horses from being judged by anyone other than other horses.

Reading Vogl's recap, he says Zemgus is playing on Eichel's RW. Some very specific talk from Bylsma about how this is all by design - that Z will protect Eichel on D-zone starts, etc.

Interesting.

Zemgus is a LH shot, BTW.

Who's on the left then? Matty Moulson? 

Zemgus isn't a bad idea for that at all. It makes me curious to see where Reinhart ends up though

Correct. Moulson.

Today he was centering McGinn & Gionta. Looking good, too.

As pumped as I am to watch Eichel I'm equally as stoked to see if Reinhart can play a big boy's game now. Someone brought up a Toronto tank earlier, and as I was mowing the lawn it got me thinking just how lucky we were in draft years. If Eichel comes out before Reinhart, we don't tank for Reinhart, and O'Reilly might not be available. Everything just went....well, perfect, for Buffalo. Not too often that happens.

Who's on the left then? Matty Moulson?

Zemgus isn't a bad idea for that at all. It makes me curious to see where Reinhart ends up though

I think you're right about Moulson. Having a left hand shot on the right with Zemgus makes me think they expect him to be feeding plays off the right halfwall. Eichel in the slot, Moulson as the outlet around the back of the net on the boards. Zemgus can keep the puck out towards open ice when he's not facing the boards and he can use his body to hold it in when he is facing the boards.

Truth be told, that line might be the Zemgus line more than its the Eichel line.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.