Sabres Prospects 2015-2016

Hoss

Shane Conacher, 5'11" RW plays for Canisius

He has 34pts in 25g as a Junior. He's an undrafted player.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=95854

Also this kid, from Williamsville, Andrew Poturalski, 5'10" 190lb C who shoots right.  18g, 38pts in 23 games as a 22yr old in College, oddly only his second year in the NCAA. He is listed as a sophmore.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=109632

From Corey Pronman

Another player impressing is BUF's 6th rder from last year Estephan. 13 game point streak, top 10 overall in WHL...dynamic skill.

Eichel, Guhle, Borgen and Estephan, this is turning into a solid draft for GMTM

I heard rumblings from very shortly after the Estephan pick was made that he could be a steal. Definitely looks promising.

Petersen .927 sv%, unbeaten in 12

Kasdorf .938 sv%

Johansson - 5 straight W

Lieuwen - string of good starts, SO Sat.

Ullmark reset w/NHL exp

Per Kris Baker

The Goalie Pipeline looks bright

And with Lehner playing well, I have absolutely no worries about our goaltending going forward.

Especially in light of a career backup like Chad Johnson showing an ability to, in today's NHL, put up save % numbers as high as he has.

And with Lehner playing well, I have absolutely no worries about our goaltending going forward.

Especially in light of a career backup like Chad Johnson showing an ability to, in today's NHL, put up save % numbers as high as he has.

Thing is, though Johnson has put up good #'s, especially early on, he'd give up a killer soft goal darn near every game. Lehner & Ullmark look like (in very small samples) that LT they can get the job done. I'd like to see the Sabres starter be good enough next year to earn at least 2 of 3 starts. If Lehner can do that, I'd prefer to see Johnson brought in as an UFA (if he'll come back after getting dealt) & letting Ullmark play 60 games in Ra-cha-cha honing his craft then moving up to Buffalo the following year.

And if somehow Ullmark wins the competition in TC next year, think seriously about a mid-season trade of Lehner. (Doubt he wins it in TC next year though.)

Thing is, though Johnson has put up good #'s, especially early on, he'd give up a killer soft goal darn near every game. Lehner & Ullmark look like (in very small samples) that LT they can get the job done. I'd like to see the Sabres starter be good enough next year to earn at least 2 of 3 starts. If Lehner can do that, I'd prefer to see Johnson brought in as an UFA (if he'll come back after getting dealt) & letting Ullmark play 60 games in Ra-cha-cha honing his craft then moving up to Buffalo the following year.

And if somehow Ullmark wins the competition in TC next year, think seriously about a mid-season trade of Lehner. (Doubt he wins it in TC next year though.)

Yup, agreed. If Lehner is playing well, there would be no need to rush Ullmark onto the active roster.

Kid is tearing it up - CHL player of the week for Estephan. 

http://www.whl.ca/article/hurricanes-estephan-named-chl-player-of-the-week

Kid is shattering his career highs. This is the scouting report on him from EliteProspects, for those unfamiliar with Estephan

A slippery offensive center with tons of skill and offensive prowess. When he is confident with the puck, he can pull off moves that open up a lot of time and space for himself and teammates. Can create a lot of dangerous chances through utilizing his smooth skating and knowledge of the offensive end. Continues to get better in his own end, defensively and physically. All-in-all, a smart, hard-working center that continues to improve in all areas, game by game, and is not far off from becoming a complete, well-rounded hockey player that can dominate offensively. (Curtis Joe, EP 2014) - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=131304#sthash.RE2mUSP9.dpuf