Sabres Prospects 2015-2016

Hoss

He does hold leverage here, if the Sabres play hard ball he can elect to go back to school and become a free agent next year. I would rather burn a year of his ELC and see what he can do with Jack.

I don't think that's the way it works.  I think the time to sign a draftee who is in college begins when the player leaves college.

This is what I could find, so if I am reading this right he would become a FA on August 15, 2017 if he chooses to go back to school next fall.

In this case, the NHL club will retain the rights of the player for exclusive negotiation through August 15 following the graduation of his college class provided he remains a college student through at least the start of his senior season.

If the player drafted under these circumstances leaves school prior to his senior season, his drafting Club shall retain exclusive rights for the negotiation of his services until the fourth June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft.

Either way, a player drafted under this scenario can't become a free agent until the summer following their senior season.

This is what I could find, so if I am reading this right he would become a FA on August 15, 2017 if he chooses to go back to school next fall.

In this case, the NHL club will retain the rights of the player for exclusive negotiation through August 15 following the graduation of his college class provided he remains a college student through at least the start of his senior season.

If the player drafted under these circumstances leaves school prior to his senior season, his drafting Club shall retain exclusive rights for the negotiation of his services until the fourth June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft.

Either way, a player drafted under this scenario can't become a free agent until the summer following their senior season.

So many changes w/ the new new CBA...

BOOM

Sources tell @ChrisLongKSTP & I Hudson Fasching set to to sign w/ Buff., barring a breakdown in contract talks. Graduates in May. #gophers

NICE.

as for graduating in May -- those pesky classes should not prevent him from playing a few games over the next few weeks.

(Just read a Tweet indicating that he already has the credits he needs to graduate.)