Sabres Prospects 2015-2016

Hoss

It's happened to better teams than ours.

But I actually took that as him talking about the Sabres when he said "other pro teams" being around.

The question was basically "are you leaving us" and he was fumbling to avoid the answering that.

In that context, the other meant not the Gophers and he was trying to emphasize his focus now was the Gophers, despite the fact he is getting pressure to turn pro.

Just like Eichel wouldn't come out and say he is leaving BU, we shouldn't expect Fasching to come out and leave the Gophers. I agree with you, I'm not worried about it. 

Some of these non-first round picks from Murray are looking pretty darn good, as far these types of picks go.

Which isn't really surprising as his philosophy is to reach for a guy that MAY be a home run. My expectation is that the bulk of them don't hit, but if the potential is tantalizing enough, hopefully what he trades the ones that won't pan out for WILL pan out.

The key to making that work is, you'd better be d*mn good at evaluating 19-22 year olds as you need to know which ones will pan out by 24 and which are on their way to Switzerland or the DEL. Knowing most AREN'T NHL-bound will have the added benefit (or detriment based on perspective ;)) of driving people insane for him "giving up too many prospects" in a particular trade. :p

Which isn't really surprising as his philosophy is to reach for a guy that MAY be a home run. My expectation is that the bulk of them don't hit, but if the potential is tantalizing enough, hopefully what he trades the ones that won't pan out for WILL pan out.

The key to making that work is, you'd better be d*mn good at evaluating 19-22 year olds as you need to know which ones will pan out by 24 and which are on their way to Switzerland or the DEL. Knowing most AREN'T NHL-bound will have the added benefit (or detriment based on perspective ;)) of driving people insane for him "giving up too many prospects" in a particular trade. :P

Exactly.

To your last point, from some of the trades he's made, Tim seems to clearly be a "bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" guy, and because of his drafting style, he may have a good idea that these Bush Birds aren't, at least according to him, likely to have long term value.

Cornel 1+2, acted like leader. Scored 25th to give PBO 2-0 lead end 1st. Told team to not get too far ahead of themselves. 5-4W. Good advice

This guy has REALLY turned it on this year. Having a Bailey/Baptiste type year.

2013-14: 25-37-62 in 68 games

2014-15: 14-39-53 in 72 games

2015-16: 25-43-68 in 55 games

He's on pace for 33-56-89 in a 72-game season. That's an improvement of 19-17-36 which is huge. Pacing it over his 13-14 year: 31-53-84 in 68 games which is a 6-16-22. And the note about his leadership from Kris is a big one. He'll be in Rochester next year.

Cornel with another multi point night. 11th in OHL scoring with 70 pts in 56 games. Will Borgen, Brendan Guhle and Ivan Chukarov with assists. Cal Peterson and Jason Kasdorf both lost but made 30 + saves. Sean Malone with a goal. I believe he becomes a free agent after this season if we don't sign him, correct?

8. (10) Chad Ruhwedel, D, 7.0 C

Signed as a free agent, 2013

The expectation was that Ruhwedel would be ready to compete for a regular spot in the lineup in 2015-16 and though that hasn’t come to fruition, he still remains a promising defender. With the additions of Zach BogosianCody Franson and Carlo Colaiacovo to the back end during the last year, Ruhwedel has been left to hone his craft back in the AHL. Offense has never been the name of his game, though he has shown that he can chip in now and again. Ruhwedel is a solid all-around blueliner and will find a spot in Buffalo’s top-six before all is said and done.

Really? 

Hockey a Futures has long ago "jumped the shark." There are so many better publications and sources for this information.

I tend to agree w/r/t Hockey's Future.  But I don't know what else is out there besides Elite Prospects.  Recommendations?

Edited by Eleven

Hockey's Future is always a good place to go if you want a quick and easy list of what the Sabres have in the ranks but if you don't already have a good grasp on the prospects then stay away. It's like "oh, duh, we have that guy."

McKenzie polls NHL scouts. Guys like Pronman are essentially amateur scouts.

I get the impression that hockey's future is just written by some guy.

I was going to mention Pronman although I think you need ESPN insider for him, TSN does a list every few months. Kris Baker does a good job with the Sabres prospects although I am concerned as he becomes more engrained with the organization.

There are very few guys that actually have seen all or most of the players they write about.

When I was growing up I couldn't wait to get national perspectives on the teams and players I followed. Now I realize most of them don't know much more then I do. Another by product of the information age.

Agreed w/ what others have said re: Hockey's Future. Still some valuable info on the site though.

In regards to this list, I don't quite get why Eichel and McCabe are listed, but Reinhart is not. Especially because he is listed in the pre-list write up as being a prospect. He's also included in the team rankings listed here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team-rankings/

I suppose they have just recently classified him as "graduated".