Sabres Prospects 2015-2016

Hoss

Speaking of Baptiste, how is he looking in Rochester?

Nobody answered so I'll give you my thoughts.  He's completely invisible.  Nothing too good, nothing too bad.  He doesn't have the athleticism that Bailey has so he'll need another season in the A to hone his game.  He'll need to make a jump to become a decent prospect.  I could see GMTM moving him for more current assets. 

Nobody answered so I'll give you my thoughts. He's completely invisible. Nothing too good, nothing too bad. He doesn't have the athleticism that Bailey has so he'll need another season in the A to hone his game. He'll need to make a jump to become a decent prospect. I could see GMTM moving him for more current assets.

Thanks Ink!

I don't think anybody actually said this, did they? Some people were questioning odd comments he made before.

Wasn't referring to that clip from a week or so ago.

It's just a meme that seems to pop up from time to time.

Although it's not so bad since prominent players actually started coming to Buffalo.

#Kane#Eichel#O'Reilly

#Stamkos ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Minnesota could get an at large bid to the NCAA. They lost in the Bigten tourney tonight so his career is technically not over.

Their coach and seniors spoke with an air of finality at the post game presser. I suppose an at large bid is a possibility, as Tom said we will know in about 12 hours.

Talks with Fasching could begin today.

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/03/20/44746/

Would we give him a two-year contract?  If we give him three years, and this year is burned in the last 9 games, he'd be an RFA in two summers (the same time as 15 and 23).  Are we better off spacing out when the contracts expire for these young players?

Talks with Fasching could begin today.

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/03/20/44746/

Would we give him a two-year contract?  If we give him three years, and this year is burned in the last 9 games, he'd be an RFA in two summers (the same time as 15 and 23).  Are we better off spacing out when the contracts expire for these young players?

I'd rather not burn his ELC this year. 

Question: Can we play him 8 games, and then 9 next year, before his ELC kicks in? In other words, do all 9 games have to come in one season? Or is it their sum?

There are four young wingers on the Amerks who are worth paying attention to from a Sabres perspective.

IMO, Evan Rodrigues and Nick Baptiste have not shown enough to give up on, or get excited about.

Justin Bailey has really come on in the second half and is flying right now.

The one who seems under the radar at the moment is Will Carrier.

He's got 13 goals and 30 points in 54 games, most of those points in the back half of the season

He doesn't play the PP or with veteran scorers.

On a horrible defensive team he is a plus 14.

Every time I've seen him he is grinding well along the boards and playing good positional hockey.

Inky, Itnsn and others who are regularly watching the Amerks am I wrong to be hoping for a Mike Grier type?

I'd rather not burn his ELC this year.

Question: Can we play him 8 games, and then 9 next year, before his ELC kicks in? In other words, do all 9 games have to come in one season? Or is it their sum?

I think what Murray wanted to do was sign him to a Amerk contract where he could hopefully go on a run with them into the playoffs, then follow up with an entry-level deal that kicks in next year.

Not sure why Fasching would do that unless they throw a boatload of money at him.

Most logical path from Fasching's perspective is what McCabe did - a 3-year deal which burns off the first year now and brings him to his second contract more quickly.

Edited by dudacek