Sabres Prospects 2015-2016

Hoss

But he has more points!

More PPG than a bunch of players about his age that are also playing in the CHL, which I'm pretty sure is the only point Eastside was making.  

Not really seeing the need for snark here.

I guess not even 20 is the new thirty? :huh:

He's a 19 year old playing in the CHL, which is where most 19 year olds draft out of the CHL are.

More PPG than a bunch of players about his age that are also playing in the CHL, which I'm pretty sure is the only point Eastside was making.  

Not really seeing the need for snark here.

He's a 19 year old playing in the CHL, which is where most 19 year olds draft out of the CHL are.

He and pretty much everyone else is still on the honeymoon in the Bahamas with Murray. He can do no wrong so his every move must be defended no matter the results or contrary evidence.

You (I think) and I are the only ones who have dared to question our "brilliant" GM so far.

He and pretty much everyone else is still on the honeymoon in the Bahamas with Murray. He can do no wrong so his every move must be defended no matter the results or contrary evidence.

You (I think) and I are the only ones who have dared to question our "brilliant" GM so far.

You can question Murry. My problem is your literal bs comparisons for a 19yr old ohl kid to ahl guys, 20yr old ahl guys and so on. You wanna compare prospects like a dick I'll call your everytime. Deal with it. This got personal when you tried to call me out. You're comparison is . Deal with it.

Profoundly stupid

Wow, LGR, I wish I had some of the stuff you're on. You are making all kinds of up and you have no clue as to what I'm actually saying. You'll keep trying though.

Let's chill out a bit in here, please.

I'm fine, ref. I'm just rope a doping him around the ring :D

Profoundly stupid

Thanks for your opinion. Care to elaborate as to why? It's an accurate assessment. There has been precious little critiquing of Murray around here.

He's accepted as God (not GoDD) with no second thoughts around these parts.

You can question Murry. My problem is your literal bs comparisons for a 19yr old ohl kid to ahl guys, 20yr old ahl guys and so on. You wanna compare prospects like a dick I'll call your ###### everytime. Deal with it. This got personal when you tried to call me out. You're comparison is ######. Deal with it.

OK, LGR playing by your dictated rules.  The following stats are all 2nd year OHL guys drafted in 2014.  Using PPG since that is the simple comparison I was trying to make previously.  The 2 year PPG is last year and this year so far combined.  How are you ranking these guys currently?  Which one are you taking over the others?  Who has warning bells going off?  Anyone else can play this game as well.  I'd appreciate it since I took time I don't have to do this. ;)

#1: Current PPG:  0.90   2-Year:  1.39

#2: Current PPG:  0.85   2-Year:  1.19

#3: Current PPG:  1.37   2-Year:  1.52

#4: Current PPG:  1.55   2-Year:  1.18

#5: Current PPG:  1.48   2-Year:  1.09

#6: Current PPG:  1.10   2-Year:  0.90

OK, LGR playing by your dictated rules.  The following stats are all 2nd year OHL guys drafted in 2014.  Using PPG since that is the simple comparison I was trying to make previously.  The 2 year PPG is last year and this year so far combined.  How are you ranking these guys currently?  Which one are you taking over the others?  Who has warning bells going off?  Anyone else can play this game as well.  I'd appreciate it since I took time I don't ###### have to do this. ;)

Most people here have and then explained to you why your comparisons are often wrong. You've been choosing to ignore everyone and bemoan about Lemieux. 

Most people here have and then explained to you why your comparisons are often wrong. You've been choosing to ignore everyone and bemoan about Lemieux. 

Thanks for playing.  I adjusted my comparison to everyone's dictated rules.  Also you and others are just as stuck on your side of things and won't entertain any outside views.  Pot meet kettle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Thanks for playing.  I adjusted my comparison to everyone's dictated rules.  Also you and others are just as stuck on your side of things and won't entertain any outside views.  Pot meet kettle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2015/10/16/9558617/brendan-lemieux-suspension-ohl-claude-winnipeg-jetsYep, this is who we need. Not to mention that your Lemieux stats are wrong. 53 points in 62 games draft year (.85)+60 points in 57 games (1.05)=113 points in 119 games (.94)

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2015/10/16/9558617/brendan-lemieux-suspension-ohl-claude-winnipeg-jetsYep, this is who we need. Not to mention that your Lemieux stats are wrong. 53 points in 62 games draft year (.85)+60 points in 57 games (1.05)=113 points in 119 games (.94)

What part of current and last year don't you understand?  The stats are accurate.  I didn't go back 2 years.  I've done enough work for all those who have done none at all and just lobbed grenades from their ivory towers.

What part of current and last year don't you understand?  The stats are accurate.  I didn't go back 2 years.  I've done enough work for all those who have done none at all and just lobbed grenades from their ivory towers.

You're comparing an overage season and a post draft year to an overage season and AHL year. Compare draft years to draft years, post draft to post draft, overage to overage, etc. 

Remember last year how people were concerned Reinhart wasn't lighting it up playing in his post draft season? Same concept. 

You're comparing an overage season and a post draft year to an overage season and AHL year. Compare draft years to draft years, post draft to post draft, overage to overage, etc. 

Remember last year how people were concerned Reinhart wasn't lighting it up playing in his post draft season? Same concept. 

I am comparing 6 players in the EXACT same situation as one another.  EXACT same seasons.  EXACT same league.  EXACT same age frame.  The first 6 players taken in that draft that have this same situation to give a spoiler.  One of them is still a Sabres' prospect, so it's applicable to this thread.  This is the apples to apples that you and everyone wanted and it's still not good enough nor do you even understand it. 

Edited by EastsideOasis

Wow, LGR, I wish I had some of the stuff you're on. You are making all kinds of ###### up and you have no clue as to what I'm actually saying. You'll keep trying though.

I'm fine, ref. I'm just rope a doping him around the ring :D

You couldn't rope a dope yourself around a toilet bowl.

OK, LGR playing by your dictated rules.  The following stats are all 2nd year OHL guys drafted in 2014.  Using PPG since that is the simple comparison I was trying to make previously.  The 2 year PPG is last year and this year so far combined.  How are you ranking these guys currently?  Which one are you taking over the others?  Who has warning bells going off?  Anyone else can play this game as well.  I'd appreciate it since I took time I don't ###### have to do this. ;)

First I haven't made anything up.  I explained quite nicely why what you were doing was in error. AKA you can't compare a 19yr old to a 17yr old in terms of OHL production. You then acted like a little ###### and got all bitchy.  Lobbing grenades at me because I was defending Murray, even though multiple times I have had no problems with you criticizing the trade. I think we gave up too much.

Brendan Lemieux should have the most PPG compared to all our other prospects not named Reinhart or Eichel because he is the highest drafted player (#31 overall).  Bailey, Baptiste, Possler, all should be lower.  Connor Hurley was a stupid pick when they did it so no surprise he sucks compared to Lemieux.  The only other player in the ballpark is Compher but we can't really compare numbers because compher is in the NCAA. I would fully expect Bailey and Baptiste to have produced fewer point totals. Hell at this point idk even know what the f##k you are arguing about. 

No one has really give a ###### that you criticized Murray, most of the board disliked or questioned the Kane trade and most of us raised hell over the Lehner trade.  As for your stats idk who these other OHL players are or where they were drafted or anything. Lemieux was a good prospect, thats why Winnipeg wanted him. If he was ###### they wouldn't have traded for him.  As for you doing all the work... yea like you were full of ###### and said Lemieux was only 1 year older than Nylander or that Lemieux is outscoring 18yr olds yada yada yada, yea great work. It was so good in fact I went back and ran the PPG numbers to show you what the error in your logic was but we are still ######. 

I've done more work to disprove your notion that Lemieux is/was some magical super prospect then you have to prove that he was/is. 4th year OHL guy who outweighs probably half the other forwards in that league should be scoring. Lemiuex is doing exactly what he should be doing and that's great. You can absolutley compare Lemiuex's OHL numbers to a guy like Bailey.  Bailey who was drafted 21 spots behind him scored less his final year. You can't compare Lemieux's ohl numbers to Bailey's AHL numbers because that doesn't make any sense. Lemieux projects out to a 3rd line player with a 2nd line ceiling.  That's great and I hope he makes it.  I wish he were a Sabres prospect because he has talent. 

I am comparing 6 players in the EXACT same situation as one another.  EXACT same seasons.  EXACT same league.  EXACT same age frame.  The first 6 players taken in that draft that have this same situation to give a spoiler.  One of them is still a Sabres' prospect, so it's applicable to this thread.  This is the apples to apples that you and everyone wanted and it's still not good enough nor do you even understand it. 

You could tell us who the players are at least.  I think one might be Justin Bailey but I have no idea who the rest of them are.

Edited by LGR4GM

So in a couple months, our prospect pool is likely to look something like this:

2016 1st-round pick

Hudson Fasching

Brendan Guhle

Linus Ullmark

Will Borgen

Nick Baptiste

Justin Bailey

2016 2nd-round pick

Cal Peterson

Cornel/Karabacek/Hurley/Carrier/Dupuy/some pick or prospect Murray acquires at the deadline

So, one blue-chipper, a couple of B prospects, and a lot of C or C+ guys

Pretty much a middle ten list, IMO, unless our first pick ends up much lower than it currently looks.

Considering the quality of our under-25 NHL roster, I'd say we're still in pretty good shape here.

People like to say Murray traded away our depth, but there are still six 2nd-rounders from the past three years in the system.

Edited by dudacek

Quoting myself because it's easier.  LGR, you're still wrong about several things and you don't listen very well.  And you're the one who started this whole kerfuffle with one of your patented hissy fits.

I've said this many times.  Once again:  All 6 of these players were drafted in 2014.  The same as Lemeiux.  That excludes Bailey.  Now, these are the first 6 guys, including Lemieux who are still in the OHL.  Most that were drafted in 2014 that were in the OHL at the time have moved on to the NHL and/or the AHL.  This is the apples to apples comparison you've been ranting about.  Same age, same league, same experience, same draft.

#1 is Michael Dal Colle drafted #5 overall (NYI)

#2 is Brandan Perlini drafted #12 overall (ARI)

#3 is Josh Ho-Sang drafted #28 overall (NYI)

#4 is Brendan Lemieux drafted #31 overall (BUF, now WPG)

#5 is Ryan MacInnis drafted #43 overall (ARI)

#6 is Eric Cornel drafted #44 overall (BUF)

A few things that stick out to me:

I'd take Lemieux, MacInnis, Ho-Sang, Cornel, Dal Colle, and Perlini in that order.

Arizona out tanked us to this point easily.

The Islanders suck.  It's a close call between Cornel and Ho-Sang for me.  Cornel is getting better, Ho-Sang is declining and he's had issues.

We gave up a hell of a prospect on a trade that looks more and more dubious as time goes on.

Cornel could be a gem, but will Tim keep him around?