Sabres Prospects 2015-2016

Hoss

Welcome!

And if you're watching college games on TV, you are absolutely qualified to post, and post often.

Keep 'em coming.

Good stuff and thanks for the info. Welcome aboard!

I agree, tell us what you see! None of us are experts (except Pi2000).

Thanks for the welcome! I've been a longtime passive fan, dating back to the Drury/Briere days when I was 12 or 13. When I was younger I never fully appreciated the fundamentals and the general ins and outs of the game of hockey though. I focused more on MLB, NFL, and NBA. In the past year, year and a half maybe, hockey has slowly become my favorite of the bunch for a variety of reasons. Being a passive fan is out of character for me, so I've really tried to immerse myself in the game by watching all levels. It's a huge added bonus when I can catch a promising Sabres' prospect!  I'm a UB student and I recently took in their game downtown at Buffalo RiverWorks. Outdoor hockey is awesome  :w00t:

Its not common but there have been at least one high profile guy the each of the last couple of years. Hayes signing with Rangers instead of Chicago two years ago, that defenseman that Calgary drafted that I think signed with Minnesota.....

Apparently this possibility is out there for a handful of highly drafted players this year.  We'll have to wait and see if any actually hit free agency, but maybe we're seeing a slight change in practice here, more guys willing to take this chance.  Only time will tell.

Apparently this possibility is out there for a handful of highly drafted players this year. We'll have to wait and see if any actually hit free agency, but maybe we're seeing a slight change in practice here, more guys willing to take this chance. Only time will tell.

Bob McKenzie posted an article on College Free Agents and refers to a previous article where he talks about potential free agents already drafted. I'll try and link it at some point.

Bob McKenzie posted an article on College Free Agents and refers to a previous article where he talks about potential free agents already drafted. I'll try and link it at some point.

I saw it earlier too. The big one is Jankowski. For some reason I thought he was only in his third year.

Made some minor changes to the list. Removed Pysyk (NHLer) and Ruhwedel (age). Will likely remove Reinhart, Eichel and McCabe late in the season.

Carrier dipped while a few other prospects (including Brycen Martin, Anthony Florentino and Eric Cornel) got a bump. Didn't put too much thought into it due to time limitations.

Not a lot to get excited about in this crop. Excluding the NHL guys I can see a path to the NHL for Fasching, Bailey, Baptiste, Guhle, Ullmark, Guhle, Martin and Florentino. Some long shots are Hurley, Dupuy, Cornel and Peterson.

Made some minor changes to the list. Removed Pysyk (NHLer) and Ruhwedel (age). Will likely remove Reinhart, Eichel and McCabe late in the season.

Carrier dipped while a few other prospects (including Brycen Martin, Anthony Florentino and Eric Cornel) got a bump. Didn't put too much thought into it due to time limitations.

Not a lot to get excited about in this crop. Excluding the NHL guys I can see a path to the NHL for Fasching, Bailey, Baptiste, Guhle, Ullmark, Guhle, Martin and Florentino. Some long shots are Hurley, Dupuy, Cornel and Peterson.

I thought Carrier was making strides in Roch cha cha. Hey, what do I know...

I'll agree that Dupuy hasn't been on anyone's radar but this kid is non stop. Scored an unassisted goal tonight. Tough and fast. Somewhere something clicked for the guy. I could see him in the NHL.

What about Guhle?

Not a lot of excitement does pretty much sum it up well.

What about Guhle?

Murray said in his WGR interview that a rival GM told him his scout reprted that the Sabres didn't have much in the pipeline to which the GM retorted back that they are all on the big club. Its the normal progression now. As I said in another thread, you replace Moulson, Gionta, Weber and may McGinn with young veterans, hope for one surprise player and if your young stars develop as you hope, you should have a contender for the next five years. Then you only need 1 or 2 players a year to add to your prospect pool and the guys presently in Rochester are the guys moved at the deadline for rentals.

What about Guhle?

Forgot to mention Guhle. And I agree with Webster. If you constantly have a great crop of prospects it's likely because the previous group never panned out.

Murray said in his WGR interview that a rival GM told him his scout reprted that the Sabres didn't have much in the pipeline to which the GM retorted back that they are all on the big club. Its the normal progression now. As I said in another thread, you replace Moulson, Gionta, Weber and may McGinn with young veterans, hope for one surprise player and if your young stars develop as you hope, you should have a contender for the next five years. Then you only need 1 or 2 players a year to add to your prospect pool and the guys presently in Rochester are the guys moved at the deadline for rentals.

Chicago seems to be doing just that. Adding a few players a year to the core and then letting them go after a few years and having new prospects replace them. I can see Sabres doing that

Anyone know the latest on Bailey or Baptiste? Can either project to 2nd line RW (20+ goals per season) in the NHL? Or is that being too optimistic?

I can only speak from a mostly statistical POV since I haven't watched more than maybe a period of Rochester hockey this year but... Both are in the top seven for scoring in Rochester.

Bailey 3-7-10 in 28 games

Baptiste 5-7-12 in 27 games

From what I hear there have been ups and downs but plenty of reason to think their play on lower levels was a product of their true abilities and not just playing against lesser opponents.

I'd say it's a definite NO on relying on either to become top-six wingers right now but they've got a chance. Throw Hudson Fasching into that mix I'm confident we've got at least one big-bodied RW prospect who will become a very good pro down the line. They're all on a similar trajectory as to when they'll get their first pro look.