UFA & Trade - Dmen

IvanPutski

Beauchemin[/size]

2x6.5mil would be my offer. Then if he still wants to play and is still useful we'd just give him lesser salary.[/size]

I'd be okay with this. Initially thought 2x5 mil would be the ceiling, but term is much more important. The extra 1.5 mil per year isn't that much in the big scheme of things, so long as we don't have to commit for 3 years.

Beauchemin was a #1 pairing on one of the best teams last year, and as a Dman, he should have a couple years tread left.

He should stay with the Ducks. Not interested him at all.

The Ducks have already grabbed his replacement in Kevin Bieksa.  Beauchemin is leaving the Ducks for sure.

BTW - Beauchemin led the Ducks (best record in the West) in ice time last year.

Edited by Bulge

That is true, I'm not really all that excited nor appalled by him however. The need for him to put in #1 minutes like before would be short lived, but his upside is damn good.

Damn straight

Very excited w/ who Murray may go after/land. 

Edited by Thanes16

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so now that Oduya has taken his talents to Dallas, where does that leave us?

Risto-Bogo

Gorges-Pysyk

Weber-??

Possibilities for #6 & #7:

Coliacovo (apparent front-runner)

McCabe (probably not yet ready for prime time)

Sanguinetti

Donovan

Eeeeeeeessssshhhh.

I know a bunch of us (including me) are hoping for a pre-training camp gift from heaven like the Islanders got last year, but that seems like a pretty long shot to me.

UFAs still available:

Ehrhoff -- I think GMTM is NFW on this one.

Visnovsky -- he's turning 39 but played top-4 minutes for the Islanders last year.

Zidlicky -- he's 38 but played over 21 min per game last year

Gonchar -- he's 41 and doesn't seem like a GMTM guy.

Franson -- turning 28 and has good size but also the stink of the Leafs on him.

I suppose I'd be satisfied with Visnovsky, Zidlicky or Franson -- or at least more satisfied with one of those guys than with no addition, which I don't think can be a real option.

OK, so now that Oduya has taken his talents to Dallas, where does that leave us?

Risto-Bogo

Gorges-Pysyk

Weber-??

Possibilities for #6 & #7:

Coliacovo (apparent front-runner)

McCabe (probably not yet ready for prime time)

Sanguinetti

Donovan

Eeeeeeeessssshhhh.

I know a bunch of us (including me) are hoping for a pre-training camp gift from heaven like the Islanders got last year, but that seems like a pretty long shot to me.

UFAs still available:

Ehrhoff -- I think GMTM is NFW on this one.

Visnovsky -- he's turning 39 but played top-4 minutes for the Islanders last year.

Zidlicky -- he's 38 but played over 21 min per game last year

Gonchar -- he's 41 and doesn't seem like a GMTM guy.

Franson -- turning 28 and has good size but also the stink of the Leafs on him.

I suppose I'd be satisfied with Visnovsky, Zidlicky or Franson -- or at least more satisfied with one of those guys than with no addition, which I don't think can be a real option.

I think I want Franson. I've been thinking about him since I heard he was still available after the first days of free agency. He's young, which is good. I don't think he's ever going to be a top line forward again, but he's fine outside of that. Give him a two year contract, if he works out, great, if not he's deadline trade bait, and hopefully by then McCabe and possibley another prospect (Florentino? Ruhwedal? Next years draft pick?) are up here full time-ish.

Man, all of a sudden our D-corps is looking pretty sparse in the prospect area. I'm fine with losing Zads, but next years first round draft pick, assuming we're not picking 1 overall, pretty much needs to be a D-man.

Ehrhoff is the perfect fit, but it ain't happening.

I'd take Franson as long as his cap hit isn't an issue four years from now.

After that, I'm inclined to to sign a cheap Mess-type for a filler, then be patient and see what shakes loose.

I'd like to make the playoffs this year, but its not the ultimate goal.

Edited by dudacek

-98? Yeeeeesh...

EDIT: Oh, That's career. He was -23 last year. I'm not sure how much water this stat holds. Worst guy in the league in 2014 was PK Subban with -83 last year alone. Next was Doughty with -68, and then Brent Burns with -55. Those are 3 pretty good d-men.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nhl/stats/player-turnover-plus-minus/2014/

BTW: Best turnover ratio in the league? ROR, with a +72.

Edited by sabills

I still love the idea of Brian Campbell for a homecoming... Mainly for sentimental value since he's on the decline.

On the last year of his contract. That's actually a good idea for both teams. It allows Florida to get something for him before he becomes a free agent and gives us a placeholder for a year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.