How many new players will the Sabres acquire by the end of next weekend?

LabattBlue

54 members have voted

1. 1. How many new players(not counting 2015 drafted players) will be Sabres by the end of next weekend

• 3 or more

I voted two because that is what I am hoping for. A goalie, and a forward who can play in the top 6. Would also like Murray to add a veteran D or two, like a Sekera and/or a Beauchemin, at some point during this off-season.

I have a growing fear however that we will be doing nothing but signing a free agent goalie, and nothing much else. Obviously the correct course of action is to let the prospects and young players we have develop, and give them plenty of ice-time, and make no mistake this is a building year. But I was initially under the impression that Murray would be trying to supplement the roster with enough (young) vet talent so as to make a run at large scale standings improvement this coming season. Not so sure now...

I voted zero. Of the players being talked about being moved around the draft, I don't see any as them landing in Buffalo and at this point I believe that would be in Buffalo's best interest. Actually I would prefer if they moved up from #21 into the top unless they are getting a real promising player in return.  

We are so stacked with fluid assets, including picks, prospects, players, cap space, and roster room that we're capable of just about anything.

We'll definitely address goaltending, but maybe not until July 1.  We'll also take a goalie in the draft, potentially in the first two rounds.

That 21 and 31 pick give us the ability to trade up, down, sideways, diagonally, or into the fourth dimension.

I think we could see the acquisition of two players, one considerable and one minor or prospect, before July 1.

I voted for three only because I've been desperate for some off-season action.

At this point in time I'm really hoping we go after a goalie in FA as I don't think it's worth giving up any prospects while the youngsters are still developing.

I think if Murray works a deal it will be with a cap strapped team. It'll be an exciting week.

Personally, I think whatever big trade they are going to make will happen at the draft.

I also still think Shane Prince is brought back home to Rochester, and that could be an under the radar move next weekend. (Part of a package for a goalie?)

But, depending on what players are available, I am not sure I want to give up #21 and #31 and not use them. I was all for it, until I started thinking about this draft and adding some serious quality to our prospect pool. I wouldn't give up those picks for a Cam Talbot or Craig Anderson. I would for ROR, Nelson, Saad, and Toffoli. Possibly a young goalie like Gibson, but I don't think Lehner is worth that much, although I do like and want him. I rather get one of the draft eligible goalies, and I am hoping they can get Samsonov, Blackwood or Vlader. I'm just super excited, even gave up DJing Friday/Saturday (making GREAT money) so I can watch it. Lol. I'd normally never do that.

GO TIMMY, GO SABRES!

(The only older veteran I would want, would be TJ Oshie, I think. I don't know if there is anyone else worth it, besides possibly Rick Nash.)

EDIT: I voted for 2 by the way, a goalie either for Buffalo or Rochester, and a prospect ready to breakout, or a top-6 forward of some kind, young or a veteran.

Edited by Bob Malooga

Personally, I think whatever big trade they are going to make will happen at the draft.

I also still think Shane Prince is brought back home to Rochester...

Thank you. It's been so long since we've had the irrational, hey that guy is from here, he must want to play here,trade idea.

Thank you. It's been so long since we've had the irrational, hey that guy is from here, he must want to play here,trade idea.

Is it irrational if the kid and his entire family have said it? His sister even created a hashtag about him playing in Buffalo/Rochester a year or so ago.

I think GMTM is willing to make moves, but as I recall, a boat load of 2's last year couldn't get him back into the first in last years draft. 

You are correct.  Usually the only way you can move is if a team near the edge of a talent drop misses out on their players or if a team lacking picks thinks it is worth collecting some.  In this draft that 10-15 range is where I could see 1 or both of those scenarios occurring but it depends.

That said I think Murray will acquire someone new (outside of the drafted players) just not sure who.  He has a ton of irons in the fire.

Two: a goalie and a forward (I'm sure nobody can guess who I'm hoping for). I feel a goalie is basically a lock, and I really think he'll add another piece via trade, even if it's not a blockbuster.

I assume you are referring to an NHL goalie, not someone the Sabres draft?

If so, while I agree a goalie is coming, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't arrive until FA.

My prediction:  an expensive vet top-4 defenseman or top-6 RW that is being regretfully unloaded for cap reasons.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.