Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Hang out on it for a few minutes, it took a while for the podcast to pop up.

It was almost uncomfortable. 

Yeah I don't know man, that thing is not loading for me, at all. I get the podcast to pop up, and I click on it, and it's just a blank tab open.

Any chance you can just tell me why it was weird? Did Jack say something worrying?

Yeah I don't know man, that thing is not loading for me, at all. I get the podcast to pop up, and I click on it, and it's just a blank tab open.

Any chance you can just tell me why it was weird? Did Jack say something worrying?

The guy asked a lot about his girlfriend, couldn't believe he has one because he's a superstar athlete who's 19 years old and can get laid at will basically, Jack sounded uncomfortable for much of it. There was a question sort of like "If you were single would you have an easier time with girls at BU or in Buffalo" I believe. He didn't say anything worrying for us at all. He really loves it in Buffalo. Was a little uncertain at first of whether he'd rather win a cup or a gold medal for team USA but ended up choosing the cup. 

He also basically had a question that was just "Who do you hate at BU"

The guy asked a lot about his girlfriend, couldn't believe he has one because he's a superstar athlete who's 19 years old and can get laid at will basically, Jack sounded uncomfortable for much of it. There was a question sort of like "If you were single would you have an easier time with girls at BU or in Buffalo" I believe. He didn't say anything worrying for us at all. He really loves it in Buffalo. Was a little uncertain at first of whether he'd rather win a cup or a gold medal for team USA but ended up choosing the cup. 

He also basically had a question that was just "Who do you hate at BU"

Well, that's kinda messed up. Can't imagine Jack would interview with them again. It sounds like the guy was fishing for something to draw attention; waiting for Jack to slip and say something stupid he could market for clicks. Glad Jack didn't slip

Mcginn with 2 more tonight.

Anaheim, in the West and one of the best divisions, clinches a playoff spot with 90 points. Do we think we can get to 90 points next year? Or about 8-10 more wins?

Don't know, I think it's fairly likely. What I do know is if they don't improve then things might get ugly.

Watched the chowdaheads and Panthers (chowdaheads feed) a bit last night. The play by play call is pretty good when he's calling the game but these two go off on conversations in the middle of the action which is lame. I loved how flummoxed they got when the goal was disallowed, priceless.

Brass? Or ownership? (And I still haven't figured out how trying to sign Vanek figured into the tank.)

I remember reading about it on this board. I just said Sabres brass because I'm not sure who was really behind it, but I imagine Pegula's grubby meddling fingers were involved for sure. This may be just my fuzzy memory but supposedly it was Vanek who turned the offer down because he wanted to go to free agency and end up in Minnesota. Had he decided to cash in I imagine we would've gone with more a traditional rebuild rather than the scorched earth policy and multi-year tank that ensued. I still think that's the main reason Lafontaine decided to bolt (I would guess that he preferred a traditional rebuild to the tire fire that came from jettisoning just about every vet of any value and being the figurehead face of a franchise in total shambles). I think Vanek wanting off the ship was probably the deciding factor in going from rebuild to complete and total rebuild, but that's just my guess.

Anaheim, in the West and one of the best divisions, clinches a playoff spot with 90 points. Do we think we can get to 90 points next year? Or about 8-10 more wins?

I'm convinced we would be near that if the we'd gotten the 40 goals between Ennis and Moulson this year. I gotta think their expected production would have made a difference in half of our 1-goal games. 

GO SABRES!!!

I listened to it all! #fml

I may need to have my ear drums bleached. Pretty hard to get through.

It was a minefield for sure, and I kind of doubt Sabres Media Relations gave their blessing to this one. Jack did OK. But when he was asked about scandals in various hockey programs, he said, "You like things to fly under the radar" instead of having them uncovered. Honest answer, but not that smart a thing to say. He also answered some of his mild misbehavior (coming for you Buffalo, drinking from the Beanpot) by suggesting that the problem was that he allowed those things to be recorded, not that they happened. I mean, beer drinking, who cares. The "just don't get caught" attitude is a little worrisome though. Hope he didn't get in trouble with the GF for actually answering the question about where he would do better with the ladies, BU or Buffalo (he said Buffalo).

And, yep, the long pause when pondering Gold Medal vs. Cup was a twisted knife to every Sabre fan's gut.

Jack sounded like Tim Murray at times and a lot like Jason Pominville.

Welp there's an hour of my lfe I ain't getting back.

Edited by PASabreFan

Watching the Preds - Blue Jackets game and 10 minutes in the shots are 18 to 1 for the Preds. It is rare to see that kind of domination in the NHL these days.

BTW - James Neal just got his 30th (26 are even-strength, which leads the NHL)

Edited by Potato

St. Louis has 12 regulation wins in their last 38 games. Anybody would love to have them in the first round. Granted they are 21-12-5 in that stretch, but they aren't setting the world on fire.

Although they did just activate Elliot off of IR, so there's that.

Idiot, what the hell do you know about hockey?