Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

I am watching Sens and Bruins.  Bruins got a goal on replay review that was impossible to see.  On ice ruling was no goal.  Replay after replay failed to show ANY evidence that the puck crossed the goal line.  Boston announcers concluded rightly so, no goal.  Toronto gave them the goal.  Everyone including Edwards was stunned.  Crazy.

I just watched the video posted in the Situation Room blog on nhl.com. Must be the War Room has huge, ultra HD screens. It was tough to see anything.

Kassian traded from Montreal (without ever playing for them) to Edmonton for Scrivens http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25428948/canadiens-trade-zack-kassian-to-oilers-for-g-ben-scrivens

Tyler makes a game-saving save behind his goalie in the final minute with his FACE.  TWICE.

:worthy:   :worthy:

Myers with two "heads up" defensive plays? That extra long neck creates extra long reach for the head save, Tyler's new specialty  :w00t:

Kassian traded from Montreal (without ever playing for them) to Edmonton for Scrivens http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25428948/canadiens-trade-zack-kassian-to-oilers-for-g-ben-scrivens

Myers with two "heads up" defensive plays? That extra long neck creates extra long reach for the head save, Tyler's new specialty :w00t:

I know it's kinda the kettle calling the pot black but Zack's hairline is not what it used to be. I can't believe he's played less than 200 NHL games.

I know it's kinda the kettle calling the pot black but Zack's hairline is not what it used to be. I can't believe he's played less than 200 NHL games.

He's lived a hard life, you know?  Check out Pat Kane's hairline sometime, too.

That's a good trade for both teams.  The Oil got pushed around by the Flames last night.  A little sandpaper could help them alot and Scrivens was wilting in the minors.  If he can give any semblance of normalcy to the Habs gt situation it is a good move.  

Kassian traded from Montreal (without ever playing for them) to Edmonton for Scrivens http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25428948/canadiens-trade-zack-kassian-to-oilers-for-g-ben-scrivens

Myers with two "heads up" defensive plays? That extra long neck creates extra long reach for the head save, Tyler's new specialty :w00t:

If we want to be technical, his face probably created that second scoring chance. The puck was going over the net until the tall goof got in the way.

So, has Dylan Larkin been watching from the press box because of injury, or for the sake of development? Little bit of both?

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2015/12/detroit_red_wings_notes_dylan_1.html

"The 19-year-old rookie still is sore from the upper-body injury he suffered last Tuesday against New Jersey."  He was injured so they took advantage of that to do some instruction in the press box.  Injury -> Missing Game Anyway -> Press Box with a Coach.  No big deal.

That's a good trade for both teams.  The Oil got pushed around by the Flames last night.  A little sandpaper could help them alot and Scrivens was wilting in the minors.  If he can give any semblance of normalcy to the Habs gt situation it is a good move.  

How does getting Kassian help your team?

How does getting Kassian help your team?

Two theories here:

Theory 1: Kassian is bound to screw up and keep the press focused on him rather than scrutinizing every detail of the Oilers season.

Theory 2: They believe the McDavid is Gretzky 2.0 and so they are looking for Semenko 2.0.  It worked once.

Theory 2: They believe the McDavid is Gretzky 2.0 and so they are looking for Semenko 2.0.  It worked once.

For all his abilities, he seems to have no interest in any part of the game that got him drafted, physical or otherwise.

Man, what a waste.  I bet he ends up playing for Bakersfield before February is half over.

Two theories here:

Theory 1: Kassian is bound to screw up and keep the press focused on him rather than scrutinizing every detail of the Oilers season.

Oooh.   I like theory 2.

Maybe I missed something, but what did Kassian do to deserve this kind of scorn, other than (so far) falling short of expectations? I mean, he is an NHL player. How good is the last place finisher in the Masters?

Tyler Myers makes a game-saving save behind his goalie in the final minute with his FACE.  TWICE.

:worthy:   :worthy:

He made a Glatt save?