Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Bold move, nfreeman. But, sorry to tell you, too bold. He really did nothing wrong there. If that's a warning+ban my arse should've been thrown out of here long ago way too put yourself on the map there WildCard

Edited by WildCard

Bold move, nfreeman. But, sorry to tell you, too bold. He really did nothing wrong there. If that's a warning+ban my arse should've been thrown out of here long ago way too put yourself on the map there WildCard

Really? The most offensive thing I've seen you do is resort to panic attacks rather than trusting the numbers during the tank :p

Really? The most offensive thing I've seen you do is resort to panic attacks rather than trusting the numbers during the tank :p

Once TB! Once! Or maybe 8-9 times, but there is a reason Derrico is a creepy Hispanic guy right now and I'm not ;) Edited by WildCard

BRIAN CAMPBELL WILL BE FINE!!!

Fighting online is so stupid. I mean.. What are you going to do Busta CAPS LOCK on me?

Gonna straight CTRL your F8. 

spndnchz will be F9!

these made me chuckle the most.  Comeback tomorrow night for my favorite wednesday posts

Edited by Johnny DangerFace

Once TB! Once! Or maybe 8-9 times, but there is a reason Derrico is a creepy Hispanic guy right now and I'm not ;)

Bahahahahhahaah :w00t:

Well played good sir, well played....

It's a good thing he's Canadian...this isn't the type of bet loss President Trump would allow the NSA to forget.

I was a little boy going into that bet subscribing to the 'nothing good happens to Buffalo.'  I've come out a man.  I'm glad everything played out how it did.  Hispanic creeper and all.  How many more days until the season starts and I can change this damn thing??

Bahahahahhahaah :w00t:

Well played good sir, well played....

I was a little boy going into that bet subscribing to the 'nothing good happens to Buffalo.'  I've come out a man.  I'm glad everything played out how it did.  Hispanic creeper and all.  How many more days until the season starts and I can change this damn thing??

I forgot this bet; can someone remind me?

I forgot this bet; can someone remind me?

During one of the Sabres winning streaks last season I bet Wildcard that the Sabres would not end up DFL.  If they did he would pick my avatar for the entire offseason.  If the team didn't land McEichel I would pick his avatar for the offseason.  Trust me, I didn't choose the creepy Hispanic avatar for fun haha.

During one of the Sabres winning streaks last season I bet Wildcard that the Sabres would not end up DFL.  If they did he would pick my avatar for the entire offseason.  If the team didn't land McEichel I would pick his avatar for the offseason.  Trust me, I didn't choose the creepy Hispanic avatar for fun haha.

That is hilarious!

I just thought you had a dark sense of humor or liked to frighten small children for no reason. Now I know it's Wildcard with the wicked mind.

Nfreeman, I read Hoss's post as demining toward Egg and there was no reason for it. Not enough to cause a suspension for that instance. But, if you have asked politely several times to refrain from doing it, then you where forced to make a decision. If Hoss does not like it, he should not put you in that position.

That is hilarious!

I just thought you had a dark sense of humor or liked to frighten small children for no reason. Now I know it's Wildcard with the wicked mind.

Oh ya, all the credit goes to Wildcard.  Only 43 more days!

Same. I saw him as being of middle eastern descent.

That's probably more accurate.  When I saved the picture on my computer to input it as my avatar I labeled it 'Creepy Mexican dude'.  But I could see it being middle eastern.

Dear SabreSpace:  Hoss has been warned previously, on multiple occasions via both posts and PMs, about ill-mannered communications, name-calling, etc.  I am suspending him for 3 days in light of the above.

As always, please feel free to post or PM me with any thoughts on this.

(FWIW, I am aware that as a participant in the above exchange, it is pretty much impossible for me to be impartial.  I think that the pattern of communications and warnings is pretty clear and justifies this action, but I am happy to discuss.)

Thanks.

In my opinion, your response egged on a further response from him.  If you had intentions of changing the way he approached his response then I would have suggested that you provide guidance as to why he should respond differently.

Furthermore, at that point I feel that the entire conversation between the two of you would have been better served in the PM channels of the forum and not played out in a thread about other topics.

You have the power, you banned him.  I don't agree with it.

Nfreeman, I read Hoss's post as demining toward Egg and there was no reason for it. Not enough to cause a suspension for that instance. But, if you have asked politely several times to refrain from doing it, then you where forced to make a decision. If Hoss does not like it, he should not put you in that position.

Meh.  I didn't see a difference of opinion as demeaning.  He didn't say anything to attack me, just attacked my opinon.  I've got no quarrel with Hoss.  If it's part of a bigger pattern, maybe a suspension was warranted, but I've seen far, far worse behavior tolerated all over the intarwebz.

The moderators do have a bit of a tough job though.  I try not to judge them one way or the other.  I think overall SS is one of the best forums around and I'm sure moderation plays a part in that, even if some people disagree with a particular moderator action.

I think the guy is Polynesian or some kind of Pacific Islander but who knows for sure. I remember the clip of him doing all the creepy smiles on Tosh.0 though. Funny stuff.

Good lead. He's Filipino, as you suggest*** in fact.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerry_Alanguilan

Also, here's the original source.

*** Check this out, though: There's a real debate about how to characterize Filipinos.

http://thecleverfilipina.com/are-filipinos-asian-or-pacific-islander/

Edited by That Aud Smell

Too much lately leads to petty bickering around here and it generally seems to involve the same 2-3 posters.  If a message needs to be sent to start cleaning that up, I'm all for it.  The summer is the perfect time.  Lesser posting volume makes it easier to find.

I've been guilty of it from time to time.  It's good to have a reminder that it is a privilege to be here.  Hopefully Hoss is back shortly and providing insightful posts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.