Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

I'm hoping for top 3... via the lottery. :)

If he had worn #90 that would have made it perfect.

I'll be curious if this leads to some teams remaining perennially bad because they drop to 3/4/5 in the pecking order.  

Jesse Puljujarvi (Fin) would be a pretty stellar consolation prize if you miss out on the top 2.  Based on early peeks he looks like a better prospect than Mikko Rantanen.  

I'm hoping for top 3... via the lottery. :)

If he had worn #90 that would have made it perfect.

I'll be curious if this leads to some teams remaining perennially bad because they drop to 3/4/5 in the pecking order.  

I still think top 5 most years nets you a good player.  you hit on 4/5 I think you hot the makings of a good team. 

Nichuskin is in his 3rd year for dallas already.  

His 1st year he had a good start but slowed down towards the end like all rookies.

His 2nd year he was mostly injured.

This year he seems to be trying to find his game again.  But for now he is out of the top 6 and if that doesn't change I think they might trade him.

Lyndy ruff on him. 

It's Nichushkin's second straight game in the press box. "I want to get him back in, I want to get him playing but I think I have to get his head in the right place first," Stars coach Lindy Ruff said. Nichushkin has a lot of potential, but this season might prove to be a stepping stone campaign for him after he missed most of 2014-15

His 1st year he had a good start but slowed down towards the end like all rookies.

This year he seems to be trying to find his game again.  But for now he is out of the top 6 and if that doesn't change I think they might trade him.

Lyndy ruff on him. 

I had him as my comeback player too, but I think you might be right. That kid needs a new team

Lyndy ruff on him. 

Would be happy to oblige old friend Lindy :devil:

3 years on, would you rather have Nichuskin or Rasmus?

Best season: 34 pts in 79 games, but does play RW; a position that the Sabres are short on. I'm thinking Rasmus; he's looking the part of a really solid D-man and I think that's easier to find players that can produce points on the RW.

Cam Fowler and Matthew Carle are two of the top LHD that could likely be had right now. Maybe when I get some time I'll look around the league for other candidates, but just going off those two for now.

Fowler has two years left at $4M which is a good price for him. Carle has two years left at $5M. Either of those guys could slide into the top four on the left side easily.

Right now our D is (going to include Bogo because I'm sure he'll be back before any deals go down):

Bogo ® - Risto ®

Gorges (L) - Franson ®

McCabe (L) - Pysyk ®

So who gets pushed out? McCabe, right? He's been playing pretty well so I wonder if Murray might be holding off on any deals until he knows more about McCabe's "readiness."

If they were to acquire one I imagine the lineup would push Gorges down and McCabe out, but I also think it would mean Gorges' time here is pretty much done.

I also think Murray might wait and pursue Yandle as a free agent (probably going to be a battle between Boston and whoever else wants him if he gets there).

Edited by Hoss

Cam Fowler and Matthew Carle are two of the top LHD that could likely be had right now. Maybe when I get some time I'll look around the league for other candidates, but just going off those two for now.

Fowler has two years left at $4M which is a good price for him. Carle has two years left at $5M. Either of those guys could slide into the top four on the left side easily.

Right now our D is (going to include Bogo because I'm sure he'll be back before any deals go down):

Bogo ® - Risto ®

Gorges (L) - Franson ®

McCabe (L) - Pysyk ®

So who gets pushed out? McCabe, right? He's been playing pretty well so I wonder if Murray might be holding off on any deals until he knows more about McCabe's "readiness."

If they were to acquire one I imagine the lineup would push Gorges down and McCabe out, but I also think it would mean Gorges' time here is pretty much done.

I also think Murray might wait and pursue Yandle as a free agent (probably going to be a battle between Boston and whoever else wants him if he gets there).

I mentioned this last year, I still think it is possible Bogo gets moved for a left handed guy (Fowler).

3 years on, would you rather have Nichuskin or Rasmus?

Rasmus and it isn't even close.  I love Nichushkin, but he's still in the midst of finding his consistent scoring touch.  I'd take him from Dallas in a heart beat though :D!

Every time I think of an interesting somewhat young defensemen they're always RHD.  Which is a little frustrating.  I'd take a look at Matheson out of BC in Florida, or Mueller in SJ, but neither are likely available unless that team is overpaying.  

Given the current personnel situation and the number of kids in Cedar Park who could/should be ready to move to Dallas next season, it’s almost certain the Stars won’t be re-signing at least one, and possibly two, of the Goligoski, Demers, Jordie Benn trio. Mike Heika of The Dallas Morning News recently offered his take on the situation:

I don’t think they can bring both Goligoski and Demers back, but they have to get more information this season before they can make that decision. As for two healthy scratches on D? That’s their plan for the rest of the season right now. No use trading either, unless they received a stunning offer. And certainly no reason to trade them to a needy team in the West.

http://thehockeywriters.com/the-stars-blue-line-logjam/

@StarsInsideEdge

Scouts with seats tonight: NSH, TBL, WSH, CAR, MTL, COL, FLA, PHI, CBJ, OTT, PIT, MIN, TOR, NJD, LAK. Stars pro scout Doug Overton here too (Oct 29th, vs Vancouver)

Edited by WildCard

Wasn't aware of this until now but apparently Patrick Marleau's name has already surfaced on the trading block. He said tonight he hasn't been asked to waive his NMC.

It was Andrew Friedman who said this, by the way. Apparently reported that one team is pushing really hard to get a deal done for Marleau but the Sharks haven't asked him to waive his NMC yet. Twitter is thinking it's the Habs, but I don't see anything legitimate on that.

Edited by Hoss

Wasn't aware of this until now but apparently Patrick Marleau's name has already surfaced on the trading block. He said tonight he hasn't been asked to waive his NMC.

Let's pick him up and then we can have 4 number 2 overall picks on our team.

Bogo ® - Risto ®

Gorges (L) - Franson ®

McCabe (L) - Pysyk ®

Fowler is an interesting player.  He has great games and games where he just looks lost in translation.  He's only 23, and would definitely be a boon for the team to acquire.  He's locked in at a manageable cap hit as well.  I would make the call.  It probably costs a 1st round pick or something very high end to get him away from the West coast.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.