Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Nikita's a kid. He has a chance to be amazing or a headcase. I respect the HOF D but we haven't had what Nikita brings in a long time and quick as he brought it, it's gone.

Bogo gives me some measure of being able to do both hit and skate but I see him skating far less than Nikita will. I'm excited at what ROR brings to the team as well so get me wrong. But mancrush on Nikita.

I don't think Zadorov is going to be that dominant defenseman.

But the Sabres do have a Dman that has a great chance to become that even more so than Zads

Quite true. Possibly. Certainly more together than Zads.

I came around with Zadorov

He was our ultimate sacrifice, it was something we didn't want to part with, but would at the right price.

Risto - Zemgus is really not an option for most.

But us being so absent from this UFA season shouldn't be much of a surprise.  #ZFG has a plan.

Its like he said of Lehner, if he needs a year to adjust he'll get that year, same goes for the core we have now.

Spots are open, either some of the young kids grab them, or he will fill them in the next Offseason/trade deadline.

That being said after today I'm really starting to look at Erhoff and think, why not ?

Edited by Heimdall

Blah blah blah boring

The NYR have no plans of trading Keith Yandle. He is key to a very strong blueline and the Rangers believe he will be a key element next yr.

Just like that bidding war for Talbot was going to get the Rangers a first, after turning down two seconds, right Darren?

Wonder if the Rangers were in on Green?

He was our ultimate sacrifice, it was something we didn't want to part with, but would at the right price.

Risto - Zemgus is really not an option for most.

But us being so absent from this UFA season shouldn't be much of a surprise.  #ZFG has a plan.

Its like he said of Lehner, if he needs a year to adjust he'll get that year, same goes for the core we have now.

Spots are open, either some of the young kids grab them, or he will fill them in the next Offseason/trade deadline.

That being said after today I'm really starting to look at Erhoff and think, why not ?

That might be the play if he is healthy. 

Okay, who else has a deep prospect pool of defenders we might be able to poach a kid who is only a year away.

I actually think Nashville makes sense as a target, just have to settle for a Dman not named Josi, Weber, or Jones. Name on my list? Ekholm. Doubt he'd be cheap, but I done think the cost would be crippling.

Other than that, I've had a real hard time finding a logical trade partner.

I actually think Nashville makes sense as a target, just have to settle for a Dman not named Josi, Weber, or Jones. Name on my list? Ekholm. Doubt he'd be cheap, but I done think the cost would be crippling.

Other than that, I've had a real hard time finding a logical trade partner.

What about Florida?  They have McCoshen and Mike Matheson in their prospect pool. Both are LHD and in college. 

Supposedly Boston is open to dealing Krug

I wonder what it would take. Running a little low on supplies at this point. 

New trade proposals:

Since Hamilton went for 1,2,2 I would guess we would need to meet that + a smidgen.

Thus I'd start with 

Krug and Kelly(Cap Dump, at least that's what Bruins forums are complaining about) 

for

Our 2016 2nd, our 2nd in 2017 and Larsson

Then I'd trade Kelly/Legwand(50%) and our 2016 4th and 7th for their 3rd

They claim to be looking for a 4th line C and both would be just that.

Better than earlier I'd assume.

Mike Straw ‏@MikeStrawWrites 19m19 minutes ago Cheektowaga, NY

#Sabres Update: Murray much more focused on trying to work out a trade than bringing in free agents. Told he was in on Oshie.

He has talked with CHI re: Sharp, but price remains too steep for his liking. Still trying to add another forward.

I don't believe anything this guy said. At like 2 am one time he said he had a major Sabres scoop... He didn't tweet anything else for like two hours and then claimed its because he was at McDonalds and couldn't tweet it yet. Then he did and it was something bogus that never happened.

He also said the Sabres were trying to trade Grigorenko about a week after Murray was hired which I doubt was a thing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.