Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

I've heard JVR fetches a 2nd pairing guy at best

With Shattenkirk a pending UFA and apparently only willing to sign in a handful of places, is his trade value really much higher than a 2nd pairing guy? Honestly not sure it is.

Unfortunately, their management seems incredibly competent, outside of that Matt Martin deal.

That team got the better end of everything across the board. I hate them and their fans and their media. They're by far my most hated NHL team right now, and if something doesn't go wrong soon, they'll be at Patriots-level hate.

That team got the better end of everything across the board. I hate them and their fans and their media. They're by far my most hated NHL team right now, and if something doesn't go wrong soon, they'll be at Patriots-level hate.

I'm envious too, but it's better for the Sabres, and for us as fans, for the Leafs to be a good, exciting team.  We could be looking at 7 years or so of a great rivalry, with a ton of talent at work and plenty of thrilling games.

I'm envious too, but it's better for the Sabres, and for us as fans, for the Leafs to be a good, exciting team. We could be looking at 7 years or so of a great rivalry, with a ton of talent at work and plenty of thrilling games.

I agree!

....so long as they're the worse team. I'm not sure it's trending that way.

I'm envious too, but it's better for the Sabres, and for us as fans, for the Leafs to be a good, exciting team.  We could be looking at 7 years or so of a great rivalry, with a ton of talent at work and plenty of thrilling games.

That's nice and all, but if it turns into a rivalry where Buffalo keeps losing to Toronto in the playoffs it's not going to be much fun.

You should be defrocked.

#BREAKING: Who cares what the Toronto Queefs do. #ShouldbeanyBuffaloFan

I would take Reinhart over Marner, with the extra size, and more physicality in his game there's more upside.  Marner is a fantastic offensive prospect for sure.  Eichel vs Matthews, is a close call, however, Eichel has more responsibility whereas Matthews is far more sheltered.  

Per Craig Custance teams are calling about Kulikov.

Nothing earth shattering

Bye now.  I don't miss Pysyk and his whopping 7 points either.  It was a worthwhile gamble.  

As in we need him on the roster or it would be an indicator that Murray has given up on the season?

Yes.

Frankly, even if we are out of the playoffs, this team needs to start winning, and icing the roster most likely to achieve it.  Selling means accepting losing again.  We can't have that around our new core.  Even if we are out, we should be at a point of making hockey trades, not selling for 2nd round picks.

Useful defencemen are at a premium at the deadline. Kulikov and Franson will generate worthwhile returns.

Unless we are in the thick of the race, we have to take the best offer.

The question is, what defines "in the race?" Four points out? Six?

I don't want to trade Kane. The only way I consider it is if it is for that elusive puck-moving defenceman and I would be very surprised to see that kind of trade happen at the deadline.

With Gionta, you do whatever he wants.

Useful defencemen are at a premium at the deadline. Kulikov and Franson will generate worthwhile returns.

Unless we are in the thick of the race, we have to take the best offer.

The question is, what defines "in the race?" Four points out? Six?

I don't want to trade Kane. The only way I consider it is if it is for that elusive puck-moving defenceman and I would be very surprised to see that kind of trade happen at the deadline.

With Gionta, you do whatever he wants.

Disagree.  It is time to build a culture with bigger expectations.  You don't do that when you are selling.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.