Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Per Adrian Dater

Hearing Boston has had talks with Avs over Landeskog. Sakic wanted Carlo, and B's said no

Bruins countered with Zboril, but he's too unproven

Zbobil, Morrow, DeBrusk and Bruins #1 pick could be part of potential package

They would want Guhle/McCabe and some other combo.

Getting too rich for the Sabres?

Straight up. Me likey. Adding one of our forwards and one of their young D. Me really likey. Looking at their roster, Zadorov is the only guy that fits. Oof.

Bruins and Avs are front and center at the trade front according to McKenzie. Bruins want Landeskog, or possibly Duchene, but are unwilling to deal defensive prospect Brandon Carlo to any team

Adrian Dater tweeting Pens and Kings also heavily interested in Landeskog

Edited by WildCard

Friedman talking about teams that want to be active: Tampa, LA, and Chicago wants a scoring winger for Toews. Problem is, Arizona and Colorado are the only clear sellers and have all the chips in bargaining so the prices are too high.

A lot of teams still in the running for a wild card spot, the canucks were holding on last week even.

I doubt it. It'd cost at least Guhle and our 1st

I think that's pretty optimistic.  I'd guess at least McCabe and this year's #1.

Friedman talking about teams that want to be active: Tampa, LA, and Chicago wants a scoring winger for Toews. Problem is, Arizona and Colorado are the only clear sellers and have all the chips in bargaining so the prices are too high.

I could see any of those 3 picking up Gionta at the deadline as a consolation prize if their top choice goes elsewhere.

Bruins and Avs are front and center at the trade front according to McKenzie. Bruins want Landeskog, or possibly Duchene, but are unwilling to deal defensive prospect Brandon Carlo to any team

Adrian Dater tweeting Pens and Kings also heavily interested in Landeskog

Apparently they turned down Trouba for Carlo as well

Hate to say it, but the most logical destination for landeskog is anaheim. They have the depth on the back end the avalanche want.

And with it, our dream of Fowler

I wonder if McCabe + Kane would make Anaheim take our deal over Landeskog for Fowler straight up

Edited by WildCard

Kane would if he keeps playing like last couple of weeks and gets up to 20 goals by then.    The other two have more value to us then to other teams I think.

As long as Kane keeps his nose clean.  I can see Foligno maybe getting good value too.  In terms of PPG, Kane is better.  In terms of GPG, they're virtually even, and Foligno is a boy scout off the ice. 

I think Kane wouldn't mind playing for a west coast team; I get the impression that Foligno would prefer to stay in Buffalo (which makes a difference when they get to free agnency).

And with it, our dream of Fowler

I wonder if McCabe + Kane would make Anaheim take our deal over Landeskog for Fowler straight up

We would need to retain salary as Fowler makes 4 M compared to Kane's 5.5. The Ducks only have 935K in space and 3.5million as on right now for next year. And that's with Desperes and Thompson on LTIR to the tune of all 5 Million

Besides I think Fowler is untouchable. Shea Theodore we be a more legitimate target.

I still think he's got wheels. In fact, I think his skating is why he's still an effective even strength scorer.

Yep. As soon as his wheels are shot, so will his scoring be. He could still be useful in a Legwandish 4th line winger role, but his value will be greatly diminished at that point.

Good point, but if it is Pittsburgh he would still be someone close to home and in position for one Cup Run.

He won a cup as a rookie in NJ, so in Pittsburgh it would be his second cup run.  I'm not sure if the Pens will win another cup this season, but they likely will go pretty far in the chase.

EDIT:

He won the cup in his second season in NJ.

Also hold the NJ record for goals in a season with 48.  WOW!!

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.