Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

I know Anaheim has more depth to deal on the left, and Fowler's next contract may be problematic, but I wonder if Vatanen ends up odd man out.

Can see him moving if the price is overpayment, but a rough patch wouldn't constitute moving him after he just signed a 4 year, 4.875 aav.

Anaheim is overflowing with LHD's, I expect Stoner or Bieksa (if he waives his NMC which I highly doubt) will be packaged at the deadline for LW (ideally) or forward top 6 scoring help.

They are in "make a run" mode. The window is 2 to 4 seasons depending on post ELC signings for them in future years.

That's why the Kane / Girgensons package makes so much sense for them in my opinion.

Buffalo offers the most complete, rounded scoring package for them, but Colorado's Landy or Duschene offer the largest impact. The difference though is cost in assets, Colorado's moving pieces are going to cost significantly more than what Anaheim may be willing to pay.

But I have to be honest here for a moment, if its Kane or Landeskog as options, Landy is signed long term and has shown he can produce. Kesler centering Landy, Getzlaf centering Perry (whom is having a rough patch of his own) must bring drool to Anaheim fans mouths.

Management in Anaheim however, might like the much shorter contract of Kane and the decreased asset price to acquire him compared to Landy.

Edited by Lucky E

I know Anaheim has more depth to deal on the left, and Fowler's next contract may be problematic, but I wonder if Vatanen ends up odd man out.

One of the Fourth Period Writers who covers the Ducks speculated that Fowler's Value is at its highest so now would the time to trade him

I remember last season Matthew Coller mentioning that the Ducks had interest in Marcus Foligno as well

One of the Fourth Period Writers who covers the Ducks speculated that Fowler's Value is at its highest so now would the time to trade him

I remember last season Matthew Coller mentioning that the Ducks had interest in Marcus Foligno as well

But but but... Who's going to set up eichel or cash in on his sweet passes if we trade Foligno......

!!!!!

Do want.

I know, I know, the blue line. I can want one thing and want another thing more.

Which one is better? Feel like it's Gustav. Likely more expensive though

As far as trading for them goes, it could be perfect for us. They don't want blue line, they just want rebuild peices. I would love to move our 1st rounder this year

Toronto is on the line of teams Shattenkirk would sign a long term deal with.

Per Craig Custance

There’s currently not a Marian Hossa available, but Blues defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk is certainly a player comparable to Brian Campbell. According to an NHL source, the Maple Leafs are on the list of teams he’d be interested in signing with long term.

The Leafs can wait until the summer to take a run at him. But if they get him now, he could be the difference-maker in making the playoffs and helping these young stars gain playoff experience -- while also convincing him to stay there long term as the team gets better and better.

If the Leafs get Shattenkirk I'll need a hug. And a hooker. Maybe three of each.

I've read that as well. If he moves, it's a sign and trade. The other thing out there is again, it's a defensive market. Someone like Shattenkirk is going to cost Marner

Doubt they get Marner. Nylander tops, and that I doubt. JVR makes sense too.

I've read that as well. If he moves, it's a sign and trade. The other thing out there is again, it's a defensive market. Someone like Shattenkirk is going to cost Marner

If they want to trade Marner to the West, fine by me

Well technically it was Crosby's third NHL season, not his second.

And my reading comprehension skills suck

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.