Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

All 30 teams have to approve his return to the NHL.  There will be at least one "no".  I highly doubt he returns.  

I agree that the other teams wouldn't approve, but is this approval required for any return to the NHL, or just a return to a team other than NJ? 

I could be wrong, but I thought he could return to NJ without the approval -- and then NJ could trade him.

To return to New Jersey he only need New Jersey's approval. To return to the league as a free agent after this season he needs 30 teams approvals.

I wonder if he's raging against he Russian machine right now so he can force his way back to NJ now which would allow him the easiest path back the NHL and allow him to be traded or signed as a free agent in the offseason.

Edited by Hoss

With LA striking out on Ladd, does anyone think that McGinn could get a 2nd and Kempe? I love Kempe's game and think he'd be a great addition. Probably a "no", but something to consider.

I think it's a definite no mainly because they weren't considered a contender for Ladd. Their focus has reportedly been on Teddy Purcell and Mikkel Boedker.

With LA striking out on Ladd, does anyone think that McGinn could get a 2nd and Kempe?  I love Kempe's game and think he'd be a great addition. Probably a "no", but something to consider. 

I could be off-base in my GMTM assessment but I think that if he thought Kempe alone was fair value he would pull the trigger. He's not afraid to "lose deals" to get the guys he wants. I'd have no issue moving McGinn and a pick for an almost ready prospect, even if we do overpay. 

It won't be a huge deal but I expect to see Peter Wiercioch in a Sabre deal. Could be a decent number two pairing LHD.

I'd be really happy with this in a vacuum. But if Bylsma doesn't care for Pysyk's game, I can't see him being a big Wiercioch fan either. They're of the same mold.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

I'd be really happy with this in a vacuum. But if Bylsma doesn't care for Pysyk's game, I can't see him being a big Wiercioch fan either. They're of the same mold.

He can put them on the same pairing and take coffee breaks during their shifts on just stare at our goalie because the puck will usually be in the other end.

Kovy did indeed have a great playoff run the year NJ went to the finals. He was a horse and a dominant presence.

However, he also bailed on them to go back home, leaving them in a bad spot, and seems to have bailed on his Russian team as well. We can't pretend there aren't some red flags here.

If he does return to the NHL, it seems likely that he'd want to join a team with a couple of Russian players.

Their flag is red white and blue now.  The Russians haven't had red flags for awhile now.   :P

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.