Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

From Jimmy Murphy: Writer for Bruins Daily

There is even greater sentiment around the NHL today that the Bruins and Loui Eriksson will reach an agreement on a new contract. #Bruins

This would help the trade value of McGinn and Boedker immensely

Dreger reports they still are far apart on term and dollars however. This will be interesting.

Dreger reports they still are far apart on term and dollars however. This will be interesting.

He's a really solid player.  Giving him 5-6 years at 6.whatever seems a bit of a stretch from what they should be doing.  But, hey that's fine.  Screw the Bruins.

A source tells me that landing spots for #Sabres G Chad Johnson are down to #Blues, #Kings & #Sharks.

This is the kind of item that I was referring to in my posts criticizing the WNY media, btw.  Let's see if he's right.

In this regard,a quick scan of Harrington's, Vogl's and Hoppe's recent twitter posts reveals zero similar "sources say" specifics on trades.

Who cares about the sage, or otherwise, wisdom he could, or could not, offer ... I want him to do what he does best ... score goals.

Someone brought up Jagr, so I made the comparison. If you want 50 goal Kovie, good luck. He has 2,3 years left in him tops of being able to reach 30 goals, and that's a big maybe too

Messrs Lafleur & Bossy might like to have a word w/ you. Selanne as well.

:P

Le Brun speculating McGinn would be a good fit for the Ducks.

Larsson and a 2nd.  Probably too rich, but another young LHD that I like. 

I'm torn between wanting a Fowler so badly, but really wanting to keep Larsson

From Jimmy Murphy: Writer for Bruins Daily

There is even greater sentiment around the NHL today that the Bruins and Loui Eriksson will reach an agreement on a new contract. #Bruins

This would help the trade value of McGinn and Boedker immensely

Well, there goes Eriksson. We lay our hopes on a Finn or Fasching

Smoke getting a little thicker here

Friedman: "Anaheim is talking about a rental forward. I think one of the guys on their list is Jamie McGinn." #NHLDucks #Sabres

Wild what about Girgensons and a 2nd

So it would be Zemgus, McGinn, and a 2nd for Fowler?

You raise and interesting question, which I wanted to poll everyone's opinions on. It is still Zemgus > Larsson, yes?

Gordie Howe raises an eyebrow.

Or is that an elbow?

I completely blanked on him Edited by WildCard

Smoke getting a little thicker here

Friedman: "Anaheim is talking about a rental forward. I think one of the guys on their list is Jamie McGinn." #NHLDucks #Sabres

Wild what about Girgensons and a 2nd

If we moved Girgs I would be hesitant to move Ennis. I think we should move one or the other but I'm strongly leaning towards Ennis.

I think Larsson is more important to this team as long as Bylsma is the coach.

I understand your rationale, but Girgs is the better talent and should be the better player.

For all the things I get mad at Bylsma for, the play of Zemgus bothers me the most.

His massively disappointing season probably hasn't had enough play on here.

They're in a race for their division and Allen has just come off the IR.

They went 18 games with only Elliot. I don't get why they would spring for a backup now when they didn't earlier instead of just riding Allen for the next 12 games or so Edited by WildCard

They went 18 games with only Elliot. I don't get why they would spring for a backup now when they didn't earlier instead of just riding Allen for the next 12 games or so

Allen and Elliot are two different people. The guy just came off the IR and Elliot is out at least a month. Need to stress the at least a month. They need legitimate backup.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.