Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

So if its Eichel as the problem does GMTM trade him to Boston for two first rounders and one of their young D?

In the last 10 years of sports, the star player has stayed 99.9% of the time and the coach/GM has been fired. Professional sports is a player first team and if you have a star player you keep them and figure out the pieces around them.

14. Buffalo’s Brian Gionta has told the Sabres he would like to stay with the organization and not be traded. He is unrestricted after this season. As per his contract, there are five teams he can be traded to. (No, he was not sharing the names.)

Per Friedman

who cares if he wants to be traded or not. we're trying to run a business here!

14. Buffalo’s Brian Gionta has told the Sabres he would like to stay with the organization and not be traded. He is unrestricted after this season. As per his contract, there are five teams he can be traded to. (No, he was not sharing the names.)

Per Friedman

Not surprising.

Keep him.

Yup. Good player. Improves the team. Glad he wants to stay.

Agreed.

Really expecting this deadline to be right on par w/ the Bob Corkum deadline. The only guys that I expect are tradeable (from Sabres perspective, realizing anybody is tradeabke for the right price) & have value are guys I'd prefer they keep. (Gionta, Kulikov, & Franson - less concerned w/ Franson but definitely want the other 2 back next year.)

Friedman also doesn't know what the market will be for Kulikov.

And Biron mentioned that Kane is not part of the Sabres Long Term Plans on the radio this AM

Most recently, the Anaheim Ducks found themselves churned into the rumor mill. The Ducks came into Buffalo on Feb. 9, and with them came word that the Pacific’s second place team was looking to lock down the troubled wing. In return, they were reportedly offering defenseman Shea Theodore or Brandon Montour.[/size]

Montour is an incredible prospect, who is scoring nearly a point per game this season from the blue line for the Ducks’ AHL affiliate, the San Diego Gulls. In 116 AHL games, Montour has 97 points (25 goals, 72 assists.) His scoring prowess hasn’t translated to the NHL, but clearly, Montour is a cut above the rest.[/size][/font]

He’s joined on the Ducks roster by fellow blueliner Shea Theodore. Much like Montour, Theodore has played well for the Gulls. He’s had 57 points in 76 AHL games, and has been one of the more responsible players for the San Diego squad. Theodore has played just over half of Anaheim’s games, and is averaging just over 17 minutes a night, surpassing 20 minutes on a handful of occasions.

http://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/sabres/anaheim-ducks-perfect-trade-partner-evander-kane-deal/ Edited by WildCard

Per Friedman

If true, I hope the Sabres honour his request.

And Biron mentioned that Kane is not part of the Sabres Long Term Plans on the radio this AM

If Marty knows this to be a fact, this is big and it tells me that decision was made in the summer during "The Troubles" or recently during exploratory contract talks. There is no way Murray paid what he did to get a player he did not think was part of his long-term plans.

Per Friedman

By the way, this has another meaning as well. It means the Sabres have already asked him; it means we're sellers

Either one I would be Ok with.

Interestingly Kane to Minny was brought up again, I wonder if there would still be any interest.

Minny is loaded with prospects as well

for christ stewart?

marty knows nothing.   kane is gmtm's ideal hockey player.... he wants more kanes not fewer.

I'd be surprised if the team were to trade Gionta under these circumstances.

i wouldn't.   it's a business, the players realize that.   if the right deal comes along he gets moved.   he can always sign in here in the offseason.

Kane not at practice this morning?

Where is the Pegula jet right now?

kane out sick/hungover/border agent took his blow/etc...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.