2015 NHL Free Agency

Hoss

Is the rule that no deals can be discussed, or no deals can be agreed?

Day after the Entry Draft (but not later than June 25) until June 30 - "Unrestricted Free Agents may meet and interview with potential new Clubs, but may not sign new SPCs until the opening of RFA/UFA Signing Period"

Later of June 26 or Tuesday after Entry Draft - "Restricted Free Agents may make contact with Clubs (including their own) regarding potential interest, but may not sign new SPCs or Offer Sheets until the opening of RFA/UFA Signing Period"

Unless somebody else has something explicitly stating players / agents can't talk money / terms, that sure does look like they can discuss those; just deals can't be signed until July 1.

It's completely illogical to let teams talk to players but not discuss money. " Vladimir we REALLY REALLY like you but we can't tell you just how much until Wednesday." :wacko:

General parameters can be discussed. Term, money, clauses. Just can't promise anything or sign anything guaranteeing those "general parameters".

Looking it up this is right. But the expectation is so lame. They can't talk "specific numbers." By General they mean GENERAL. You can't say that you're offering $6.5M over 6 years. You could say that you're willing to go above $6M over a long-term deal.

That's my understanding at least.

Looking it up this is right. But the expectation is so lame. They can't talk "specific numbers." By General they mean GENERAL. You can't say that you're offering $6.5M over 6 years. You could say that you're willing to go above $6M over a long-term deal.

Where are you getting that?

That isn't stated in the CBA, nor is it what Chz just stated.

Everything that I've seen or heard (with the exception of your posts) indicate that you can talk, you just can't consumate a deal. If you would, please link a source.

Everything that I've seen or heard (with the exception of your posts) indicate that you can talk, you just can't consumate a deal. If you would, please link a source.

that's what it looks like from the one previous post. You can talk, but you can't agree to or sign anything. Basically it's time to allow players and teams to talk and work out offers and give them time to think things over instead of rushing everything on day 1

You just add the word "around" to your statement. Whether it's from the player "I'm looking at getting around 5 mill for 5 years" or from the club "We are looking at giving you around 5 mill for 5 years".

Either is ok.

You just add the word "around" to your statement. Whether it's from the player "I'm looking at getting around 5 mill for 5 years" or from the club "We are looking at giving you around 5 mill for 5 years".

Either is ok.

Anna-Sidorova-Russian-Curler-1.jpg

I think this is look chz gives most of my posts lol

Edited by LGR4GM

Josh Yohe, one of Pittsburgh's leading writers, says that it doesn't seem likely that Paul Martin or Christian Ehrhoff will be back in Pittsburgh. http://dkonpittsburghsports.com/2015/06/01/exclusive-letang-dupius-expected-back/

Martin likely gets a one or two year deal somewhere between $3-4M per. Ehrhoff will be interesting to watch. He was strong defensively for Pittsburgh but the injury and length of recovery has to be cause for concern. At least one team shows confidence that he'll be healthy and able to play in their top four, right?

Joel Ward wants to return to Washington, and Washington is interested in bringing him back... But the comments by their GM don't seem to show that he's a priority for them: http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/was150527.html

Ward would be an awesome addition for Sabres imo if DC doesn't resign

It seems, from this article, that the CBA was vague as to what they intended, so last year they wrote an advisory.  That advisory uses the 'general' term that Chz states.

It seems, from this article, that the CBA was vague as to what they intended, so last year they wrote an advisory.  That advisory uses the 'general' term that Chz states.

And that article states exactly what Chz said. At the end of the discussion, both player and team know what their deal will look like come July 1, if they end up deciding to sign there. It's not like the player doesn't know what the offer will be, which Hoss is claiming.

Worse deal of the year...signing Soderberg to a $5 million per season contract.

He'll be 30 when the season starts and he averaged a point ever two games.

We have a bunch of those guys on our team already.

Not sure what Avs were thinking.

For whatever reason, it makes me think of when they signed PA Parenteau a few years back.  We'll see how quickly he winds up being the guy that we hear about them wanting to dump each season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.