2015 NHL Free Agency

Hoss

Why would Williams sign in Buffalo for three years?

Unless he takes a sweetheart deal as a Cup chasing mercenary, I'd be pretty surprised if he ended up with only 3 years or less. I expect 4-5. One thing to keep in mind is Williams has played most of his career underpaid because of bad timing on injuries, and already has two Cups. If there's anyone who would be inclined to chase the money, it's him.

$$$$$$$$

He will be 34 when the season starts.  I know July 1 is when GM's get whacky but is someone really giving this guy a 5 year deal?!

He will be 34 when the season starts.  I know July 1 is when GM's get whacky but is someone really giving this guy a 5 year deal?!

Why wouldn't they?  If you are Montreal and think Williams will put you over the edge and he wants 5yrs, sure why not?

I highly doubt Justin Williams gets any sort of crazy contract. If he does then obviously I don't want it to be here. If we can get him for 2-3 years then I would be happy with that.

I understand that there's a logjam, and I won't be upset if we don't sign anybody. We would be fine without it. We can likely move a forward for a LHD as is and still be okay. I just like Williams and Ward as true vet right wingers.

I'm more focused on Beauchemin and Oduya first. Martin as the fallback.

Also, we shouldn't be completely ruling out right handed dmen. It's more likely we go for a LHD to give us 3 and 3, but handedness isn't an absolutely deterrent of where players play.

As I said previously, I like Martin but Bylsma said that despite being a left handed shot he prefers top play the right side and without knowing if any of our RHD can play left, I would stick with looking to add a LHD that prefers the left side.

I'm more focused on Beauchemin and Oduya first. Martin as the fallback.

Also, we shouldn't be completely ruling out right handed dmen. It's more likely we go for a LHD to give us 3 and 3, but handedness isn't an absolutely deterrent of where players play.

I found it interesting that Bylsma specifically mentioned Martin liking to play to the right side and that the Sabres are also considering moving Risto to LD.

Tells me there has been a lot of conversation about targets and that handedness is not as much of a prerequisite as we might think.

Wouldn't want to break the bank on him, but Mike Green is only 29 and has the skill set we're looking for.

@JB_HockeyTalk: The LA Kings are officially out of the Andrej Sekera sweepstakes. He will not be returning. (Via @mayorNHL)

@CraigCustance: Two year deal for Stafford and Jets.

@FriedgeHNIC: Stafford deal in WIN is 2 years, $8.7M

Edited by BRAWNDO

@JB_HockeyTalk: The LA Kings are officially out of the Andrej Sekera sweepstakes. He will not be returning. (Via @mayorNHL)

@CraigCustance: Two year deal for Stafford and Jets.

@FriedgeHNIC: Stafford deal in WIN is 2 years, $8.7M

Come on GMTM, get Reggie back in here. 

Usually it's costs you in that transaction. It'll be a sticky situation for sure most likely ending with a bad taste in someone's mouth.

It's a hard deal to swallow. I don't give a spit what Semin did on ice years ago... The more Semin is on the ice the less potent he is, I imagine.

Well done Hoss, very well done

I don't know what you're talking about. :w00t:

Also, the Bieksa deal likely means Beauchemin is elsewhere next season. Yes please.

Bob Murray said Beauchemin asked for 3 years, $15M. I'm okay with that. Would prefer 2 years at $5M per.

Edited by Hoss

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.