2015 NHL Free Agency

Hoss

Final piece to make this one of the most incredible summers in Sabres history is to sign Tarasenko.

We get him, game over.

Yeah we all can have pipe dreams :).  Personally Saad is in mine.  Though Tarasenko would be a dream come true.  Any combination of Ennis, Kane, Tarasenko on a line with O'Reilly or Eichel is just wow!

So Saad, Tarasenko, Oduya, and Reggie... wow now that wouldbe a haul and if Murray pulls anywherenear that off I will. hmmm, be very happy :)

No chance in h-e-double hockey sticks Buffalo tries for all 4. Hope Murray can land Saad and/or Oduya. Just trying to think realistic. Sekera may possibly have no interest in returning to Buffalo. Tarasenko would cost too much. Honestly want 17 million locked up in 2 players? (Tarasenko and O'Reilly) 

Saad isn't happening. He already said he will give them a discount if that's what it takes. He wants to win and knows that Chicago will be a contender for a long time regardless of their cap situation.

Tarasenko would maybe be doable if we want to pay him upwards of $9-10M.

Saad isn't happening. He already said he will give them a discount if that's what it takes. He wants to win and knows that Chicago will be a contender for a long time regardless of their cap situation.

Tarasenko would maybe be doable if we want to pay him upwards of $9-10M.

Kind of figured that for Saad. A far reach for sure. Would you really want Murray offering Tarasenko 9 to 10M after picking up O'Reilly? We're talking roughly 17M for two players. That's approaching Kane and Toews numbers. It'd seriously jack things up for the young core Buffalo now has. Most certainly would not be able to keep them together in the long term. 

Kind of figured that for Saad. A far reach for sure. Would you really want Murray offering Tarasenko 9 to 10M after picking up O'Reilly? We're talking roughly 17M for two players. That's approaching Kane and Toews numbers. It'd seriously jack things up for the young core Buffalo now has. Most certainly would not be able to keep them together in the long term.

I don't really have an opinion on going crazy after Tarasenko one way or the other, but it would take something like that to get it done. Your next 4 first rounders and a huge contract... But boy could you imagine the top nine long-term?

Something like:

Kane-Eichel-Tarasenko

O'Reilly-Reinhart-Ennis

Moulson-Girgensons-Bailey/Baptiste

Wow. But obviously you've got to pay them, too.

I say no. But still. Fun to consider. Won't happen. I do hope somebody offer sheets him, though. Add some intrigue.

Edited by Hoss

No way I go anywhere near him. Even without having to give up the 4 1st's it would take to sign him, I don't want to start throwing star players together just because they're good. Murray has shown he has a very specific vision for this team and has a mold of a player he wants his guys to fit. I think we're all set for next year on the star front, bring in a LHD UFA and a RW UFA like Williams and we're sitting pretty. 

Wouldn't surprise me if the Sabres used a buyout on Legwand in addition to Hodgson

From prohockeytalk.com.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/21/blues-wont-extend-tarasenko-til-after-season/

"The 16th overall pick at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, it’s conceivable Tarasenko could get a contract similar to what fellow draft mates Taylor Hall got from Edmonton (seven years, $42 million) or Jeff Skinner got from Carolina (six years, $34.35 million)."

Sounds right for $6 mil per season to get the deal done.  Maybe even $7 mil.  But that's it.

That's a steal

Edited by dejeanneret

Wouldn't surprise me if the Sabres used a buyout on Legwand in addition to Hodgson

From prohockeytalk.com.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/21/blues-wont-extend-tarasenko-til-after-season/

"The 16th overall pick at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, it’s conceivable Tarasenko could get a contract similar to what fellow draft mates Taylor Hall got from Edmonton (seven years, $42 million) or Jeff Skinner got from Carolina (six years, $34.35 million)."

Sounds right for $6 mil per season to get the deal done. Maybe even $7 mil. But that's it.

That's a steal

That gets matched in a heart beat. The $9-10M numbers are being tossed around because it's likely what it would take to get St. Louis to consider not matching.

Also, he's better than both of those players were by the time they signed those deals.

No reason for the Sabres to buyout Legwand and Murray already said something about seeing what legwand brought to camp.  Guy as 1 year left on a deal and you can easily fit him under the cap, why have a cap hit from him for an additional year. Buying out Legwand makes no sense. 

No reason for the Sabres to buyout Legwand and Murray already said something about seeing what legwand brought to camp.  Guy as 1 year left on a deal and you can easily fit him under the cap, why have a cap hit from him for an additional year. Buying out Legwand makes no sense. 

I agree. With his deal lasting only one more year they could put him in Rochester and eat most of the cap hit this season and be done with him. I'd rather see Cody McCormick or Larsson on our 4th line than Legwand.

@reporterchris: The #stars will have $10.4M in cap space tied up in the Lehtonen-Niemi pairing next season. Jim Nill was adamant he wanted to keep both.

Not a smart move having 1A and 1B Goalies at these cap hits

It's not that much more than most teams - who probably clock in at the 8.5 mark.

@reporterchris: The #stars will have $10.4M in cap space tied up in the Lehtonen-Niemi pairing next season. Jim Nill was adamant he wanted to keep both.

Nevermind the thought of Lindy actually playing two goalies.

Agreed. Far too much. We sit at $3.5M with Johnson/Lehner.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.