5 Burning Questions, Dicso Dan Bylsma Edition 5/29/15

X. Benedict

1.       Should Buffalo be the hub for USA hockey?  (Team USA,  Juniors, Women, Sled, etc). (yes/no)

2.       What should be forum shorthand for Dan Bylsma, just DB or DDB  for Disco Dan Bylsma)?

3.       How many years will Dan Bylsma last in Buffalo?

4.       As a percentage,  the chance a Dan Bylsma led Buffalo Sabres make the playoffs in 2015-16?

5.       Finish the sentence.   Hey Dan, welcome to town,  just beware of  ____________________ . 

1.       Should Buffalo be the hub for USA hockey?  (Team USA,  Juniors, Women, Sled, etc). (yes/no)

2.       What should be forum shorthand for Dan Bylsma, just DB or DDB  for Disco Dan Bylsma)?

4.       As a percentage,  the chance a Dan Bylsma led Buffalo Sabres make the playoffs in 2015-16?

5.       Finish the sentence.   Hey Dan, welcome to town,  just beware of  ____________________ . 

1:  Why not, they're hosting as many events as they can possible in the Harbor Center and have developed the property very well.

2: DB

3: 5

4: 15%

5: Doubters, stick to the grindstone. 

1. Buffalo is well on it's way to becoming the HUB for american hockey and it should be.
  2. DDB
  3. 9 years and 2 cups.  
  4. 5%, there are so many questions involving this team who knows how they end up
  5. the wing poops, they will seriously screw up your insides

1) absolutely!

2) DB

3) 8

4) 30%

5) ...the stampede of adoring fans after the Sabres win the cup in 2018-19

1. As a homer, yes, but I don't think Minnesota or Chicago or NE are going to roll over.  Assets are in place.  Location is solid, access to Southern Ontario is key.  But I think we need a couple of those fancy prep schools to top it off.

2. DB = has another meaning already, for example the cross-fitter doing his self-mandated stretching at the crowded brew pub last Saturday night.  DDB it is.

3.  10

4.  50%

5.  ...TBN.

Yes.

DDB, but I expect I'll run w/ the simple DB. ;)

6-7

45%

wharever's left of Team Stormcloud. ;)

1. Of course

2. DDB

3. if he makes it past a rough year four he could challenge Lindy

4. 15% with the current roster 50-60% if they add a top four LD and a top-six hard-to-play-against forward

5. garden gloves and excessive use of the word compete

Edited by dudacek

I love how TSC keeps coming up. He should worry about it, though. They have been right about almost everything they have been complaining about for the past decade, so he better watch his step. If he missteps, they will call him on it.

I love how TSC keeps coming up. He should worry about it, though. They have been right about almost everything they have been complaining about for the past decade, so he better watch his step. If he missteps, they will call him on it.

I always have trouble knowing who's on what team, but isn't DDB being embraced by Team Storm Cloud?

And Blue was his biggest critic right? And isn't he with the Kittens?

This is all so confusing. 

Edited by dudacek

1. Sure, why not?
  2. DB
  3. 7
  4. 40
  5. Terry Pegula is a centaur.

11392963_10153259667562954_3707287364105

Nah.

DDBB (Disco Dan Brian Bylsma)

Ending up in the ladies restroom with that water bottle you're always holding in your pants.

1) Should? Yes. Will? Who knows.

2) Bylsma is not a long name, just type it!

3) Longer than Drane goes without getting banned again.

4) 10%

5) Ghost of Dwight Drane. If you're lucky, he'll stay outside in the bushes.

1. Should be with the facilities we have and with Bylsma and Eichel joining.

2. We can use DDB (DB is already Danny Briere in my mind) just please no "Disco Dan" stuff.

3. He will coach beyond his current contract.

4. 40%, but it will be close. First or second team out.

5. Battista. Obviously.

1. I'll take issue with the use of "the" there -- like an airline, USA Hockey can have several hubs, and Buffalo can readily be (is already?) one.

2. I'm going with DB, but will accept all variations mentioned upthread.

3. I'll give an over-under of four. And I am taking the over.

4. 17% (meant to signify a 1-in-6 shot).

5. Ripper's egg farts.

1. Something postive for Buffalo... You sure?

2. When pissed at him.... Fing Blysma

3. 10 ??? Who knows... Or better question, who gets fired first TM or big B

4. 10%, the power of 10?

5. Snowbanks wind and a 10 mile wide snow squall.

1. Should Buffalo be the hub for USA hockey?  (Team USA,  Juniors, Women, Sled, etc). (yes/no) - Yes.  (Should?  Yes.  Will it happen?  Who knows?)

2. What should be forum shorthand for Dan Bylsma, just DB or DDB  for Disco Dan Bylsma)?  DDB.

3. How many years will Dan Bylsma last in Buffalo?  He will be extended beyond his 5 years.

4. As a percentage,  the chance a Dan Bylsma led Buffalo Sabres make the playoffs in 2015-16?  50/50

5. Finish the sentence.   Hey Dan, welcome to town,  just beware of  ____________________ .wearing any of your old Pengins gear around town.

Yes.

DDB

I think if the Sabres are in the conf. finals by year 4, DDB will get a 3-year extension that summer, which would put him at 8 contracted years.

That's going to happen.

7 years in total.

I agree with those upthread who have said that it really depends on whether they can add, this summer, a good goalie, a good top-6 forward and a good top-4 D.  

I expect those players to be added.

50%.

Winter is coming.

As God is my witness, I just put egg salad in the fridge for lunch. I like it chilled.

Throw some bacon in there, make some toast and you've got a really nice sandwich.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.