Dan Bylsma new Sabres head coach (now official!)

spndnchz

Never disliked a descision made by murray so far, so I guess it will be a good hire.

So this is an endorsement then?

-Edmonton will never pick Eichel. That team needs desperately to put faith into its fans, and they will burn that stadium to the ground before the season starts if BP Oil walks onto that stage and doesn't say the name "Connor McDavid"

In a strange way, the Sabres may have really lucked out here, in both instances. DDB has only had one coaching stint, a successful one, and there's no telling how much he's improved with a firing and a year off to evaluate the game. As for Eichel, well we all know his benefits, and maybe picking second isn't a terrible thing as the burden of choice is gone.

I agree with both of these thoughts. Oil fans riot if they don't take Canadian McDavid.

Eichel and Disco give us a real USA vibe. The games against any Canadian team I can hear the USA USA USA chants already.

Except when Toronto is here. If people insist on selling Leaf tix to Canadians I can also hear a Go Canada Go chant in our barn.

I don't want to hear that in our barn. Season ticket holders please, if you are selling your Leaf games, don't be like dumb Rob Lowe. Sell them to Americans only.

I agree with both of these thoughts. Oil fans riot if they don't take Canadian McDavid.

Eichel and Disco give us a real USA vibe. The games against any Canadian team I can hear the USA USA USA chants already.

Except when Toronto is here. If people insist on selling Leaf tix to Canadians I can also hear a Go Canada Go chant in our barn.

I don't want to hear that in our barn. Season ticket holders please, if you are selling your Leaf games, don't be like dumb Rob Lowe. Sell them to Americans only.

Sell American....Buy American. ;)

Since the other thread is locked.....and I can't quote....

The fastest to 250 wins........

attachicon.gifdbbb.jpg

They really need to hide that points percentage thing somewhere in the middle.  That number is about to take a nice little hit this season.  The rest you can't take away from him though.

I don't want to hear that in our barn. Season ticket holders please, if you are selling your Leaf games, don't be like dumb Rob Lowe. Sell them to Americans only.

Is there a way to do that?

I'm really enjoying this interview.

It does seem like the friendly in-house media does get people to open up. That's a plus. They sometimes get people (OTP) to make news — the 2011 summer signings were "my decision," for example.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know why John Wawrow felt compelled to apologize publicly to Paul Hamilton on Twitter after the DB introductory press conference?

Might have had something to do w/ his posts here the night before the signing was announced.

Unless DDB is that much better than the next guy on TM's list, I would have told $hit$burgh to go pound salt. The Sabres are taking the salary of your former coach off your books. If that isn't good enough, then FU.

I don't like pissing away draft picks that are meant to keep the cupboards restocked.

Does this make you feel better?

Justin Kea

Daniel Catenacci

Jerome Leduc

Kevin Sundher

Matt McKenzie

Brayden McNabb

Corey Fienhage

Corey Tropp

MA Gragnani

Andrej Sekera

Clarke MacArthur

Michael Tessier

John Adams

So there is a 30% chance he becomes an NHLers, with 0% chance being a difference maker.

Isn't a reasonably high tender a 1st and 3rd? That's my guess as to the type of offer sheet he sends out. That said, I'm leery of giving up next year's #1.

Don't be a wimp Blue.  This is a playoff team next year!!  Welcome abroad Disco Dan.

Was not at the computer yesterday and reading through the thread is excellent.  Sizzle you were on fire with the captions :worthy:  

Does this make you feel better?

Justin Kea

Daniel Catenacci

Jerome Leduc

Kevin Sundher

Matt McKenzie

Brayden McNabb

Corey Fienhage

Corey Tropp

MA Gragnani

Andrej Sekera

Clarke MacArthur

Michael Tessier

John Adams

So there is a 30% chance he becomes an NHLers, with 0% chance being a difference maker.

And a 1 in 13 shot of being the second president of the United States.

Guys, guys...it's nearly the summer.  You need more cowbell.  Or take up smoking weed, or something, and not take all comments and discussion like we're dissecting chess strategies. 

It's like you've never even dissected chess strategies while high before.  Rookie.

And a 1 in 13 shot of being the second president of the United States.

And we traded that away?  GMTM is just awful.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.